Craigslist Comedy... This guy doesn't give up!

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by LJD, Apr 21, 2015.

1. LJD

LJD Member

This has been up for a few years now, now the price has jumped back up to $4800, $5000 on the video (what a bargain!). I asked for a picture that shows a "made in USA" tag, no response. This post kills me.

"Super rare"

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sfv/msg/4970574927.html

2. airportbar

airportbar Member

I think it's more of an attention-grabber and means of getting his other spam noticed.

3. onemoretime

onemoretime Member

There is a guy on eBay who has listed a Dearmond Starfire for $1395 for at least a year now hoping someone will confuse it for a Guild. Nuts.

4. Axe_34

Axe_34 Supporting Member

Thousands of dollars for an ugly guitar commemorating a radio show I've never heard of and don't care about.

Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiight.

5. 73Fender

73Fender Member

There's been a guy on the NJ CL who has had a green CS SG Elegante (think that's what it's called) listed for a few years I think. The price has not budged..$2,750..someone even ranted there to please put it on e bay.

6. JDouglee

JDouglee Member

7. El Chorizo

El Chorizo Member

They listed it at the bargain price of 2800$
    This last weekend!

8. teledude55

teledude55 Member

that looks like a $300 guitar to me. lol

9. slider

slider Member

Craigslist is free. People are optimistic, irrationally so.
    Can't imagine anyone wants that, maybe for like 200 or something.

10. straycat113

straycat113 Member

The 25th anniversary Strat came out in 1979 lol. I would agree there is something off with him as he states the guitar is a few years old now which is a huge difference from 36 years. Also 80% of the time when they do a promo or offer a signed guitar by a famous band the guitars are usually Squires or real low end models.

11. Mandrax

Mandrax Member

I think it was a 25th anniversary for the show it's advertising rather than Fender. The you tube vid says it's a 2009.

12. doublescale1

doublescale1 FSR Tele Silver Supporting Member

I live on the east side of metropolitan Detroit
    so Brian retired from radio 3 years ago and Mark just re-surfaced this year as a solo radio funny guy, not on KLOS in LA - the longer he keeps that guitar, the more irrelevant it becomes, except for only the most rabid, old fan of a radio team that has not been together since 2012. This is not to say that Mark & Brian were not brilliant radio guys, they were very funny and inventive, and they had that captive audience (LA morning drive time go-nowhere-fast traffic) to play to for many years. Perhaps there is a M&B fan out there crazy enough to pay that. America is the land of dreams after all.

13. TheClev

TheClev As seen on TV

I'm pretty sure that's a Highway One. Great guitars, but a run of the mill Highway One in mint condition is worth about $600. And it's not 1 out of 1 ever made - it's one out of thousands and just happens to be painted.

What a nut.