Craigslist is coming through

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by wscottarmstrong, Feb 17, 2017.

1. wscottarmstrong

wscottarmstrong Member

I used to buy and sell a lot of gear on Craigslist. Had good success on both ends. Used to flip a bunch of it on eBay before fees went to 10%+. Once I got more involved on TGP, I started to buy and sell here and on Reverb. Now, I notice that I never sell anything on TGP or Reverb. I get a lot of low balls offers and countless questions, inquiries and trade offers, but nothing sells. But, 2 for 2 on my local Craigslist this week. Sold stuff for more money, quicker, and cash in hand, no shipping or fees. Craigslist coming though. I get a kick out of the characters.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
    Jven and T Dizz like this.
  2. T Dizz

T Dizz Member

I've had all good experiences.. bought and sold lots of stuff on CL.

3. Shiny McShine

Shiny McShine Member

I've still been having very good results with CL myself. A teaching ad is also producing students for a friend too though not super often.

4. bricel24

bricel24 Supporting Member

I have tend to sell inexpensive items on CL successfully but lots of times I've had more success selling higher priced gear on here or Reverb. But then again my local CL listings are fairly crap, let alone selling good gear in there.

oldguy101 likes this.
  5. cjhastings

cjhastings Member

Just got a killer deal on a custom shop strat from CL. It can be a total score or a rip depending on where you live.

6. Johnny21

Johnny21 Supporting Member

It's all luck + what you're selling, not the platform.

7. Texsunburst59

Texsunburst59 Member

CL has been working for me too. But I have to sell to guys out of town.

I pretty much have been getting asking price from the out of town guys.

The fact that I buy all my guitars WAY below market, I still always make a profit on the sales.

NO E-bay and no Reverb. I will not pay fees. I'd rather wheel and deal in person so there's no misunderstanding on the condition of the item being sold. Always works better for both party's that way.

8. Jven

Jven Supporting Member

Yeah. I usually post here first. But last week I offered it locally, within 3 hours I sold not only what I was selling, but extras. And we'll no shipping/fees was a major plus.