Cramps Tribute LP

Walter Boots

I'll check it out cause I love the Cramps,but these tribute things usually just make me want to hear the original band.
Anyone know what Ivy is up to these days?I saw something several years ago after Lux passed that she was playing a lot of traditional country on a Tele when she played at home.I'd like to hear that.

noley

Frequently Mistaken for Fabio
Really ?!? Well son of a gun.

It’s the only version I’ve heard :dunno

My performance career was doomed from the start I guess...playing a cover of a cover. sigh

Last edited:

colinesquire

Really ?!? Well son of a gun.

It’s the only version I’ve heard :dunno

That’s an illustrious start to a performance career I guess...playing a cover of a cover. sigh
A lot of their songs were covers or riff rip-offs. (I’m saying this as a huge fan.) There was a comp out years ago called Songs the Cramps Taught Us that is really great for reference. They stole way more than zepplin lol-but in a totally unique way.

GGinMP

A lot of their songs were covers or riff rip-offs. (I’m saying this as a huge fan.) There was a comp out years ago called Songs the Cramps Taught Us that is really great for reference. They stole way more than zepplin lol-but in a totally unique way.

Big difference between credited covers vs. uncredited ripoffs. "Don’t Eat Stuff Off the Sidewalk" might be in the later, but I think it's unfair to lump covers in with that.

Howzaboppin

IIRC there was a fan who was cataloguing all the references/ inspirations in the Cramps' songs and had compiled like 6 or 7 CD's worth of old tunes.

Korla Pundit

Don’t Eat Stuff Off the Sidewalk is a ‘cover’ of a Ventures tune with added lyrics. More of a rip off because it wasn’t credited.

Don’t Eat Stuff Off the Sidewalk is a ‘cover’ of a Ventures tune with added lyrics. More of a rip off because it wasn’t credited.

IIRC there was a fan who was cataloguing all the references/ inspirations in the Cramps' songs and had compiled like 6 or 7 CD's worth of old tunes.

wow, crazy

Trending Topics

Top Bottom