Cranked '78 Vibro Camp w/ Greenback loaded 412 cab

Discussion in 'Gear Demo Videos & Sound Clips Archive' started by LPVM, Feb 17, 2012.

1. LPVM

LPVM Member

I just finished changing the filter caps in my '78 Vibro Champ and thought I would take it for test drive through my Marshall 425A cab. I love these little amps, boost them, crank them and plug them into an extension cab and they don't sound so little anymore.

Last edited: Feb 22, 2012
  2. cugel

cugel Member

did it take the 16 ohm cab ok? quite a mismatch in impedance. i miss my champ

3. LPVM

LPVM Member

I had it set for 4 ohms. Like a lot of Marshall 412 cabs holding 16 ohm speakers the 425A cab can be set for 4 or 16 ohms mono or 8 ohms stereo.

I tried it without the boost too with my Strat, also very nice. An extension cab really opens it up a lot.

I'll definitely mess around with this a little more and try to dial it in. I've been wanting to make a pair of 112 cabs to use with another amp. I'll be sure to pick speakers that fit both amps well. I replaced the stock Oxford a few years ago with a Eminence Legend so it's great all on it's own too. It's a greal little livingroom amp.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 18, 2012