• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Crate Heads V32 vs V33?

Which Crate head is better?

• V32

• V33

• They are basicly the same amp?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Madison

I believe the V32 Palomino was a Guitar Center/ MF specialty...done up in blond tolex, and the V33 just a standard black model available everywhere. I'm not 100% on that, however. Btw, I had the V32 for a while and it was a surprisingly nice amp.

rockon1

Platinum Supporting Member
Actually I believe the V32 is GC's version of the V3112 both of which are different (better) than the later V33 models. Bob

mwc2112

Gold Supporting Member
I believe the V33 was moved to a different production facility. The general consensus is that the new ones are poo compared to the V32.

Maruuk

Yeah, wasn't the original V32 US-made, then they offshored them to Vietnam? Mine's a Charlie-made one. But sounds killer. I believe they went to a different power supply on the 33, and I've read some other disparaging remarks about it. But the 32's so good, I have read the 33 is still a great buy if you can get one. It does sound very good for the price. The 32 is off the charts bang-for-buckwise.

rockon1

Yeah, wasn't the original V32 US-made, then they offshored them to Vietnam? Mine's a Charlie-made one. But sounds killer. I believe they went to a different power supply on the 33, and I've read some other disparaging remarks about it. But the 32's so good, I have read the 33 is still a great buy if you can get one. It does sound very good for the price. The 32 is off the charts bang-for-buckwise.
Yep. I have a US made V32. Bob

rockon1

yep, yep. i have a v30 head (same insides as the v32 according to Obeid) and it sounds great. wait till i finish having it modded . . .:banana
I was comtemplating modding mine and then I realised theres nothing I really wanted to change about it. It sounds fantistic with some old stock tubes and a speaker swap. Bob

Trending Topics