• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Crate V18 $200

vbjamin

I can buy a minty V18 for $200.
Thinking it may be a neat lil grab and go for jams and smaller shows. Any comments from users, please chime in. I have never played one but do a gritty rock n blues show with Tele and Les Paul.
Cheers

fredgarvin

I have the Palomino v16 which is just about the same amp. It's loud enough for gigs and sounds great. I replaced the Celestion stock speaker and got a lot more bass and less icepick.

Scott Auld

Administrator
Staff member
I liked the Palominos, had three of those in different sizes. I think Obeid worked on designing those. Not sure about the black ones.

For the use you described, hard to beat for $200.

Kept my V8, use it mic'd up for smaller jams. It works.

boost

Just a head's up, the V18 is very different in sound and construction to the V15 and V16's.

I had a V32 and that was a nice combo amp especially with an upgraded speaker. The V33 that Loud Technologies put out after that did not sound like my V32. I don't know what they did, but it wasn't a good thing IMO.

rockon1

Platinum Supporting Member
Agreed . After the sale to Loud Crate was done/gone. Loud came out with the V18,V33,V50 but really different amps from there predecessors. In fact I believe some dont even have PTs but use switching power supply. Bob

vds5000

Just a head's up, the V18 is very different in sound and construction to the V15 and V16's.

I had a V32 and that was a nice combo amp especially with an upgraded speaker. The V33 that Loud Technologies put out after that did not sound like my V32. I don't know what they did, but it wasn't a good thing IMO.
GC/MF was blowing them out at one time. I bought the V18 combo brand new for I think it was $159 or something stupidly cheap like that. I knew within 2 min. of playing it that it had to go. By far the worst sounding amp I've ever heard. Literally sounding like several blankets were on top of it when I played. It may have been the speaker - I don't know for sure - but I wasn't willing to spend another penny on it. I also bought the 2x12 cabinet from the same series. It too was around the same price, and I managed to ditch that for almost what I paid.

Trending Topics