Crate V18 $200

vbjamin

I can buy a minty V18 for $200.
Thinking it may be a neat lil grab and go for jams and smaller shows. Any comments from users, please chime in. I have never played one but do a gritty rock n blues show with Tele and Les Paul.
Cheers

fredgarvin

I have the Palomino v16 which is just about the same amp. It's loud enough for gigs and sounds great. I replaced the Celestion stock speaker and got a lot more bass and less icepick.

Scott Auld

Administrator
Staff member
I liked the Palominos, had three of those in different sizes. I think Obeid worked on designing those. Not sure about the black ones.

For the use you described, hard to beat for $200.

Kept my V8, use it mic'd up for smaller jams. It works.

boost

Just a head's up, the V18 is very different in sound and construction to the V15 and V16's.

I had a V32 and that was a nice combo amp especially with an upgraded speaker. The V33 that Loud Technologies put out after that did not sound like my V32. I don't know what they did, but it wasn't a good thing IMO.

rockon1

Platinum Supporting Member
Agreed . After the sale to Loud Crate was done/gone. Loud came out with the V18,V33,V50 but really different amps from there predecessors. In fact I believe some dont even have PTs but use switching power supply. Bob

vds5000

Just a head's up, the V18 is very different in sound and construction to the V15 and V16's.

I had a V32 and that was a nice combo amp especially with an upgraded speaker. The V33 that Loud Technologies put out after that did not sound like my V32. I don't know what they did, but it wasn't a good thing IMO.
GC/MF was blowing them out at one time. I bought the V18 combo brand new for I think it was $159 or something stupidly cheap like that. I knew within 2 min. of playing it that it had to go. By far the worst sounding amp I've ever heard. Literally sounding like several blankets were on top of it when I played. It may have been the speaker - I don't know for sure - but I wasn't willing to spend another penny on it. I also bought the 2x12 cabinet from the same series. It too was around the same price, and I managed to ditch that for almost what I paid.

Trending Topics