Crate V32 Problem

scott1568

I love this amp but....it cuts in and out during first 10-15 minutes of playing at stage volume on the clean channel, until it really warms up. At home at low volumes it's fine.

I have sprayed cleaner into the pots, retouched the solder joints at the tube sockets, made sure the bolts on the trannies were secure along with screws connecting circuit board to chassis. I have also sprayed contact cleaner into the tube sockets and removed/reinserted tubes several times afterwards.

Do I need to retouch every solder joint in there now?

For gigs I use this as a backup, but I don't trust it.

thanks in advance

teleman55

Check the loop in/out jack, I think there is a contact set in there.
Check this. Also, your power tubes might be on the edge of redplating. I had mine fade out after an hour or so of playing (at home). Looked in the amp. The tubes were getting red. Had tubes from a good place so we had their measurements. Contacted them and the sent me some that measured different. Now it's fine. I can gig with it and do. Next time I need power tubes I'll have them send me some that spec the same. Fender's will always be my main gigging amp but I love this V32 and use it too.

Hangfire

Tube check is the first thing.
I was thinking of selling my Crate but after playing it I realized how great these amps are.
They are totally reliable, like I said, sounds like you've got a tube problem.
Good luck!

Blue_n_Jazz

If it has an effects loop (I'm thinking it does) put a jumper in the send/receive and see if it continues. Could also be a bad solder joint, connection, and of course the previous mentions. Make sure tubes are seated, try the jumper, and go from there.

Trending Topics