1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Crate Vintage Club 60 Treble mod

Discussion in 'Amps/Cabs Tech Corner: Amplifier, Cab & Speakers' started by jonaron, May 15, 2011.

1. jonaron

jonaron Member

My newly acquired VC6112 (Vintage Club 60) is great with a few issues. The one I am most interested in fixing first is the overabundance of treble ( i like really clean bright sounds, but i have the treble and presence controls turned way down and it is still harsh). I have heard that some of the other v amps have a c40 cap that is a treble bypass which can be cut. I cant find a schematic for this one, and also am not much of an amp tech, so I dont want to cut c40 on this if i am not sure what it does. Anyone know? Anyone have a schematic for this? There is an old post about mods for v amps, but I cant join in because it is an archive. Any help on mods for this, or a schematic, or any other info is GREATLY appreciated. I have been tube swapping and have gotten the amp close to where i can tell it will be amazing with a few tweaks.

2. jonaron

jonaron Member

Bob- do you know if the mods for the v50 are all applicable to the vc60? Thats the main question I guess.

3. jonaron

jonaron Member

I did post my question there, thanks Bob. I didnt realize that was a live thread, I had only seen the archive of it.