• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Crazed, skinny-assed, diaper wearing chick has a rather catchy tune

Some things never change with many older people's music disapprovals. It's just so easy to tick them off and push their buttons. Throw on some controversial wardrobe item like wearing underwear outside your pants, lol, gyrate a little bit, and make a scream or two. Voila. Formula successful. Now you have your punk cred, or emo cred, or goth cred, whatever the case. Worked for Elvis, Little Richard and James Brown. They all had lots of haters.

I try to just focus on the artistic side of it. But there still are a lot of people in my extended family who would hate any kind of music like that, if they saw the video especially. A lot of them liked things that greatly angered their own parents, at least at one point. Maybe Taylor Swift is OK, as long as she stays in her lane.

That woman is 6' 3''. Not sure how fair it is to make negative comments about her body or presumed health. It can take a while to grow into a body like that.

Last edited:

sixty2strat

That woman is 6' 3''. Not sure how fair it is to make negative comments about her body or presumed health. It can take a while to grow into a body like that.
Then again look at how much crap Adele took during her 15 minutes for being fat. Dammed if you do and Dammed if you don't , I guess Taylor Swift is just right , best ask goldilocks

jwny72

Kick ass! What a killer band, and the front-woman is Mick Jagger and Iggy Pop squared, and female. Just, wow. I dig the subversive vibe, and there's a lot of talent on display there. The videos are clever too. Over the top weird, on purpose of course, but stylishly done.

Gclef

This song anyway, has a Marilyn Manson vibe.
Punk, MM, and rob zombie.

awesome !!!

and btw it’s a bit presumptuous to assume eating disorder etc as I see people doing

some people are super thin without being anorexic

that may be her homeostasis so to speak

she is 6’3” for Pete’s sake

and her energy level certainly does not suggest malnutrition!!!
If we had seen a massive weight loss that would he different

either way - this ROCKS
Totally. I was 6-3, 175 lbs from 10 grade to my mid 30s.

In that time, I consumed 5000 to 7000 calories a day just to maintain that weight.

I had all my wisdom teeth pulled at 24 and lost 22 lbs in 4 days.
Took me 3 months or gorging myself to get it back.

No lie, I'd eat 4 plates of food at thanksgiving and drink a 2 liter of soda.

The struggle is real!

I'll give them a listen. Not horrible. I am very impressed they are so successful at their age. You cant deny that.

ZeyerGTR

Not my favorite style of rock, but a cool riff and lots of presence. Seems like a great front-woman. More power to 'em. I like this tune better than the one shared in another thread.

bigtone23

I dig it. I'm a sucker for a swingy rock tune with fuzz and deep, thumpy snare. Gonna check out more of the band.

Dexter.Sinister

Still breathing
Platinum Supporting Member
Jeebus.

Look you all. Once upon a time, artists messed with people on purpose to make a point. You all might not diggit it. That is OK.

Drop the body image BS. If you care about music, critique that. If you care about presentation, THEN critique that. Explicitly.

Seems to me that there is a gender part of this debate that is not helpful.

But I have a walnut sized brain, so what do I know?

sixty2strat

I dig it. I'm a sucker for a swingy rock tune with fuzz and deep, thumpy snare. Gonna check out more of the band.
My fear is like so many bands of the last 30 years this is not typical and the rest will suck worse then a that has sucked before Beavis.

Trending Topics