Crazy thought

Discussion in 'Digital & Modeling Gear' started by caledoneus, Jun 13, 2019.

1. caledoneus

caledoneus Member

I was thinking the other day about the perks of your modern hi-tech modeling rigs (Helix, GT, Headrush, whatever your particular poison is) over more traditional amp rigs, and while there are quite a few, one stood out to me.

With (in my case) a Helix, I can show up to a gig basically carrying like 100 different amps, 50 different cabs, and 200 different effects pedals with me, all in a backpack weighing under 25lbs.

Could you imagine trying to do that with real amps? Its a pretty ludicrous thought, but one that was bouncing around in my head.

I picture someone with the "magical pouch of endless holding" just pulling amp head and cabs and pedals out of the bag for hours, while the other guy just walks in, plugs in, powers up and is ready to go. :)

MIJLOVER likes this.
  2. MIJLOVER

MIJLOVER Member

Ha, he'd still be pulling out amps after the show had ended, and would have to see a chiropractor afterwards :D

It's kinda of blessing with the potential of being a curse, to have all these options so readily available. I try to treat Helix like a store selling amps. I try to settle on something and stay there for some time, to force myself not to tinker too much. Having specific things to work on, or jamming songs with others, makes the tone creation part of the process easier.

caledoneus and Lele like this.