Creating Pedal Skid Plates

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Big Poppa Mac, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Big Poppa Mac

Big Poppa Mac Member

Hey All,

Looking at mounting the pedals to the board, and rather than rip off all of the rubbery goodness on the bottom of the boss pedals, I was thinking about making skid plates for them, and adhering the Dual Lock, Velcro, etc to that.

Any ideas as to the best way to make these? Or, are there any good sites to get them from (other than for my wah)?

Thanks~

2. DaBlizzardofOz

DaBlizzardofOz Member

I made one out of sheet plastic from an old VHS case. I cut the plastic to size, poked some holes in it with an awl, & just screwed it in. Now the velcro is on that instead of my beautiful sparkle paint.

3. mike@nortoncable.com

mike@nortoncable.com Member

I've done this with a dremel and some 1/8" plexi
    works great for pedaltrains & handpainted pedals :D

4. blueprint

blueprint Member

Here is the solution I have found: http://www.thegearpage.net/board/showthread.php?t=331719

It has some limits, by the way: sometimes, screws are not long enough, or some pedals simply do not have screws on the bottom (analogman large bicomp, TC nova...)
    Just an idea I was happy to share!

5. fendergeek

fendergeek Member

:agree

6. Big Poppa Mac

Big Poppa Mac Member

Are You able to use the original screws that came with the pedals (i.e. Boss, Digitech, Rat), or did you have to pick up new (longer) screws for the pedals? Which size screws did you use for those cases?