Creed Song...first time...

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by jeffhef, Aug 5, 2005.

1. jeffhef

jeffhef Member

http://www.praisebandsonline.com/snip/01 - What's This Life For - Fish Trunk.mp3

This is a first for me...

We recorded this tonight at the church by coming out of the headphone jack on the board into my US122 on to my laptop.

My rig is a LP running into one of the new Crate PowerBlock amps. I'm using an OCD and the amp is plugged into a Demeter silent cab. Used Cubase software. Our bassist is pretty good with the software so he led me through it. Anyway...let me know what you think.

BTW...this is the 4th time we've played this song together. probly need to right click the link and save it locally.

jeffhef

2. dmbandtimmy

dmbandtimmy Member

Sounds good man! I am surprised by the crate powerblock with the OCD, sounds decent. Nice work! :) I

3. jeffhef

jeffhef Member

Thanks. I've actually prettied it up but I like the raw one.

The Crate PowerBlock has been a pleasant surprise. I've been exclusive to tube for years (except for practice at home which is a V-amp). I was very skeptical but heard one and decided for $200 it was worth a shot.

I've been using it now for close to 3 weeks and have no complaints. My Cage Corsa hasn't been too far away but the Crate is kinda cool right now.

jeffhef

4. jeffhef

jeffhef Member

BTW...I'm going from the clean sound at the beginning to overdrive using ONLY the volume knob on my guitar. The OCD is set at a good overdrive tone with the amp. I twist back the volume on the LP and it cleans up nicely.

jeffhef