• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Crosby's candid thoughts on Young

Pedro58

Silver Supporting Member
Soo... in short, a dick knows a dick when he sees one? These older celeb confessionals are certainly a good way to stay relevant, aren't they?

Powderfinger

Platinum Supporting Member
I did a quick search of this thread and I may have missed it, but it doesn't seem that anyone has hit on the real reason for the Young-Crosby animus. Crosby ... in an interview with the Idaho Statesman of all the media outlets out there that he could talk to ... jumped on Neil for leaving HIS wife of 36 years for Darryl Hannah, and called Ms. Hannah a, direct quote, "purely poisonous predator," direct unquote.

Since that moment Croz has basically become persona non grata to Young, that apparently was an unpardonable sin.

Croz also reportedly got in Nash's face about his marital split.

And I don't know if y'all saw the CBS Sunday Morning feature on the band in May, in connection with the Deja Vu re-release, but take it to the bank, this breach is final. These people are never, ever getting back together.
It’s in the article.

Guitar Dave T

I don't really have a strong reaction to Crosby's or Young's comments over the years because taking other people's inventory, even those in the public eye with whom I've got no personal connection, is counterintuitive to THIS asshole's becoming a little less of an asshole.

I just wanted to mention that the Rayland Givens meme is awesome. Truly great series.

When I was a teenager I thought Tamalpais High ( at about 3 ) was about cruising Tamalpais high school for chicks ...still do

Prune music was just down the road

GerryJ

David Crosby…that’s the guy from the Steven Stills Band, right?
Yes, decades ago.
Currently, it's the 80 yr old curmudgeon who has put out 5 albums in 7 yrs (with a fine producer & musician James Raymond (who was successful & established before finding out his biological Crosby connection btw).
Same guy who wrote in the liner notes in Sky Trails: "It's a joy to make this music for you, even though we don't get paid for it".
New album actually titled 'for free', lol.
Based on at least You Tube hits) few people know his recent work, but of course there's no money machine pushing it.
If you're a musician, you owe it to yourself to check out his recent stuff- I guarantee you'll pick up something idea wise you can use creatively.
Sad to say, the only way the Guardian figures to get clicks is tabloid drama-lama.
I'm into music. The fact that Crosby/Young, Roth/Van Halen, Lennon/McCartney etc were not "BFF best friends forever" really doesn't interest me.

ClickClack

I wish someone would tell DC nobody give a flying fark what he thinks...
You do realize that this entire thread is about some comments excerpted (out of context and incomplete) from an interview published in The Guardian, right? Which means that people from that newspaper contacted Crosby to request an interview, scheduled the interview, conducted the interview, typed up the interview with some added informed commentary, and published the interview... right? How many publications contact you to request an interview with you? Given that set of facts — combined with the number of people who felt compelled to share their thoughts and opinions of Crosby (along with Young, Nash, AND Stills) in over 200 comments over multiple pages in this thread — I'd say your comment above is laughably false. Even YOU cared enough to click on this thread, read through at least the OP text, and then post a comment.
:rotflmao:roll

rainmaker

I think these types of threads are kind of useless. We all have close friends that other people probably think are great people but we know ALL the stuff. Being around someone for 50+ years, I'm sure Croz is probably right. But also, he's coming from personal knowledge and none of us really know either one.

Tele-Vision

Silver Supporting Member
Yes, decades ago.
Currently, it's the 80 yr old curmudgeon who has put out 5 albums in 7 yrs (with a fine producer & musician James Raymond (who was successful & established before finding out his biological Crosby connection btw).
Same guy who wrote in the liner notes in Sky Trails: "It's a joy to make this music for you, even though we don't get paid for it".
New album actually titled 'for free', lol.
Based on at least You Tube hits) few people know his recent work, but of course there's no money machine pushing it.
If you're a musician, you owe it to yourself to check out his recent stuff- I guarantee you'll pick up something idea wise you can use creatively.
Sad to say, the only way the Guardian figures to get clicks is tabloid drama-lama.
I'm into music. The fact that Crosby/Young, Roth/Van Halen, Lennon/McCartney etc were not "BFF best friends forever" really doesn't interest me.
Not a fan of Crosby in any way or form.

Tele-Vision

Silver Supporting Member
You do realize that this entire thread is about some comments excerpted (out of context and incomplete) from an interview published in The Guardian, right? Which means that people from that newspaper contacted Crosby to request an interview, scheduled the interview, conducted the interview, typed up the interview with some added informed commentary, and published the interview... right? How many publications contact you to request an interview with you? Given that set of facts — combined with the number of people who felt compelled to share their thoughts and opinions of Crosby (along with Young, Nash, AND Stills) in over 200 comments over multiple pages in this thread — I'd say your comment above is laughably false. Even YOU cared enough to click on this thread, read through at least the OP text, and then post a comment.
Maybe because he cares about Neil?

Slaphappy

Just like DC should...

:red :red :red

Trending Topics

Top Bottom