Crowther Hot Cake Users...

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by jamison162, Sep 18, 2008.

1. jamison162

jamison162 Supporting Member

I have serial #051014 (or 05/014) on the way. Can anyone tell em if that older, recent, etc. Should it have the toggle for both versions like the newest ones do? Anyone running a Hot Cake with > 9v?

2. AndrewC

AndrewC Supporting Member

I thought it was the early ones that had the toggle? I have 060633 - it has a presence knob but no toggle.

3. joeytwoshoes

joeytwoshoes Member

im no pro with HC serial numbers but only the newer ones have toggles, as paul only brought out the bluesberry in the last few years. 05/014 would logically suggest that it was the 14th made in 2005, if so, i THINK you've got a good chance of having the bluesberry switch. perhaps someone else can advise on exactly when paul introduced the switching model?

AndrewC, you can check yours ....if you remove the screws on your HC and look inside you might find that yours has a toggle to switch it to bluesberry mode. yo!

4. rubbersoul

rubbersoul Member

Run mine with a 9V all the time...sounds great.

5. jamison162

jamison162 Supporting Member

Really?

6. AndrewC

AndrewC Supporting Member

You're right - I can feel a toggle switch under the area marked. I would never have known - thanks!

[​IMG]