CR's PRS Pickup Shootout Video - 57/08 vs DGT Treble/Bridge pups

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by crgtr, Feb 4, 2012.

Which Pickup do you like best

1. Pickup X

2. Pickup Y

Multiple votes are allowed.
Results are only viewable after voting.
  1. crgtr

crgtr Member

Y'all getting tired of these yet? :omg I did a shootout of the DGT & 57/08 Treble/Bridge pups last night. I used the new CAD Dallas amp that Doug tweaked for me. Same 58 Stripper, Lovepedal Kalamazoo, same red curly Bullet cable. Can you tell which pickup is which?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dxa2OMeoiCc

2. CS'56

CS'56 Member

Nope. Keep em coming

I don't know which is which

They both sound good

3. jojogun1957

jojogun1957 Member

I was just playing one of the PRS stripped SC58's today.I liked it a lot,but I still want to try a 57 or 68 Les Paul Custom reissue.
    In your demo I prefered pickup Y.I thought it had a little more clairity.Thanks for posting ,I'll keep checking them out.

4. kselbee

kselbee Supporting Member

+1 for pickup Y.

5. crgtr

crgtr Member

X=DGT
    Y=57/08
    I'm going to keep the 57/08 in Riza. I like the sparkle it has. My DGT guitar and Riza match up better with that combo.

6. Ouchz

Ouchz Member

I prefer pickup Y in the SC. It sounds clearer with a higher mid frequency. Pickup X sounds meaner, fuller and has a nice low mid growl. I think pickup X should sound better in the DGT as the DGT is a double cut and should sound slightly brighter and pickup Y sounds good with the SC. Also pickup Y sounds more balance in the SC.

Awesome shootout crgtr! Is it possible for you to do a high gain shootout with both guitars? Also a "metal" demo of the DGT as practically none could be found on youtube?

7. crgtr

crgtr Member

Ouchz, I'll see what I can do about a high gain demo of the DGT & a high gain with both. It may take a few days. Have to watch Super Bowl today!