• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

CR's PRS Pickup Shootout Video - 57/08 vs DGT Treble/Bridge pups

Which Pickup do you like best

• Pickup X

• Pickup Y

Results are only viewable after voting.

crgtr

Y'all getting tired of these yet? :omg I did a shootout of the DGT & 57/08 Treble/Bridge pups last night. I used the new CAD Dallas amp that Doug tweaked for me. Same 58 Stripper, Lovepedal Kalamazoo, same red curly Bullet cable. Can you tell which pickup is which?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Dxa2OMeoiCc

jojogun1957

I was just playing one of the PRS stripped SC58's today.I liked it a lot,but I still want to try a 57 or 68 Les Paul Custom reissue.
In your demo I prefered pickup Y.I thought it had a little more clairity.Thanks for posting ,I'll keep checking them out.

crgtr

X=DGT
Y=57/08
I'm going to keep the 57/08 in Riza. I like the sparkle it has. My DGT guitar and Riza match up better with that combo.

Ouchz

I prefer pickup Y in the SC. It sounds clearer with a higher mid frequency. Pickup X sounds meaner, fuller and has a nice low mid growl. I think pickup X should sound better in the DGT as the DGT is a double cut and should sound slightly brighter and pickup Y sounds good with the SC. Also pickup Y sounds more balance in the SC.

Awesome shootout crgtr! Is it possible for you to do a high gain shootout with both guitars? Also a "metal" demo of the DGT as practically none could be found on youtube?

crgtr

Ouchz, I'll see what I can do about a high gain demo of the DGT & a high gain with both. It may take a few days. Have to watch Super Bowl today!

Trending Topics