• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Crunchbox ok with solid-state amp?

Paul Conway

Circumstance forces me to bust the ol' 2*10 Jazz Chorus out and press it into service. It doesn't really seem to like my overdrive pedals much, however - clips nastily. I've been thinking that a Crunchbox might be a better bet (BTW, I use a strat). Can anyone confirm or refute this? Any better suited boxes out there for this application?

ta

PJH

Paul, go and visit my Soundclick page. I made a clip called "Riffing" a while ago. It was made using a solid state Marshall amp.

I wanted to show just how good the Crunchbox is with a solid state amp.

Cheers,

Peter.

iggs

Crunch Box should work great, I used it with my SS Peavey Bandit (rehearsal and dirty pub gig rig). My OCD v1 works great with the same amp as well. I run it into T.C. Jauernig Atomic Fet Boy to fatten up the sound which it does very well.

Paul Conway

Paul, go and visit my Soundclick page. I made a clip called "Riffing" a while ago. It was made using a solid state Marshall amp.

I wanted to show just how good the Crunchbox is with a solid state amp.

Cheers,

Peter.
Hi Peter

Were the strat samples done with the same amp?

PJH

Hi Peter

Were the strat samples done with the same amp?
No, Paul, The Strat samples were done with a Marshall TSL602. I can tell you though that the solid state Marshall amp is my gigging amp and I get a very similar tone with my Strat.

I stopped using my tube Marshall as we tour a lot and my amp was getting bashed around. That's why I bought the cheap SS Marshall. Your Jazz Chorus should kick butt with the CB.

pipedwho

It's not quite the same, but when I had a Cube 30, I always used the the JC setting whenever I was a running my pedal board through it. It seemed to impose the least additional 'character' to the sound of my MI Audio Classic Distortion. And by 'character', I mean unwanted extra harmonics, scooped mids, dimed mids, buzziness, etc.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom