Cry Baby Button not activating

Adam79

My cry baby button won't click on/off when stomping on the pedal. If I fold up a piece of cardboard and wedge it into the pedal it allows the switch to activate, but the cardboard piece is always falling out. Is there a more permanent fix? Thanks.

soulsonic

Sounds like the mounting nut has gotten loose and now the switch is too low in the case. Try screwing that nut back down and see if that was the problem.

Adam79

Sounds like the mounting nut has gotten loose and now the switch is too low in the case. Try screwing that nut back down and see if that was the problem.
I couldn't find the mounting nut you're referring to (not really sure I even know what I'm looking for...if it's the nut that's under the switch button, i don't have the wrench tool to tighten it. Is that the piece you're talking about? I just put the flap of a match book, n duct taped it, inside the top of the pedal; it does the trick...until it falls out!

stinkfoot

If you grab the switch and wiggle it, does it (the threaded part) move? If so, look at tightening the nut securing it to the box. Also, underneath the treadle, where it meets the switch, there should be a bit of white felt. Make sure it's still there, and if not, look into replacing it. The bits of self-adhesive felt used underneath chair legs (to avoid scraping the floor) works great.

soulsonic

The footswitch is mounted to the box with a nut. That's what holds it in. It is possible that the nut is missing from yours from getting loose. You should be able to grab the "button" and pull it up toward the pedal...if what I am assuming is the case, the thing will pull up probably quite a bit. If you don't see any nut there to tighten it back in place, then you will need to get one. You could probably tighten it enough to be OK with just your fingers, though it would be much better with a wrench...

S. F. Sorrow

Don't some Wah pedals have a soft pad on the foot part that quiets the switch? I've had one fall off but don't remember which maker. Needs the pad to make contact.

jonnytexas

I fixed this problem on mine by duct taping a penny to the underside of the pedal (lots of duct tape). Been working for 10 years.

soulsonic

You guys can fix this by adjusting the height of the footswitch without having to tape things to the underside of the treadle. It works just fine when it comes out of the factory - if it stops actuating the switch, it means that something has moved and it needs to be put back in place - that's all there is to it.

Eblanc

Remove the back cover. Remove nut from top of switch. Remove switch. Re-adjust the 2 nuts on the switch. Put in switch back in place. Tigthen nut. Finished!

Eblanc

P.s there's 3 nuts on switch. 1 on top and 2 underneath. With wear the 2 nuts slowly rotate and thr button sinks inside the pedal

Trending Topics