Crybaby fasel classic

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by what?, Aug 1, 2006.

1. what?

what? Member

Just bought one off devi ever of effector 13. Is the fasel crybaby true bypass as claimed by many?I cant see any info on that in the website.

For those who have one or have tried it, does it have volume drop when switched on?if so, is there any DIY mod that would fix this problem?I'm having it too with my picture wah. My 535Q had a boost trim pot which really help dealing with the vol. drop, but it didn't quack or as vocal as I wanted it to be.

Thanks people!:dude

2. boon

boon Member

Hey. I am using the crybaby fasel wah at the moment. Still prefer my old picture wah which is with u now, haha but the crybaby is good value.

As for true bypasss, I tested it by plugging it in without the power supply and signal went through. Also no tone loss was noted.

Is have also not noticed any volume drop so I don't think I'll be needing to do any mods for my crybaby. Hope this helps

3. gproud5150

gproud5150 Member

Dunlop has stated that none of their pedals are true bypass. The best way to tell would be look at the switch on the inside and see if it has 6 lugs or 3. If it's 3, not true bypass. AFAIK.

4. what?

what? Member

Boon- I'm happy with my PW but it's not versatille enough- it doesn't suit funky 70's rhythm thing, but for hendrix/SRV wah-ing I've never heard anything that's better than the PW.

5. Fixxxer

Fixxxer Member

I thought the 535 was true bypass?

6. what?

what? Member

it wasn't. I had the 18 volt version, maybe the new 9 volt ver. is tru bypass?

7. TimH

TimH Supporting Member

I was under the impression this pedal was.

8. homerayvaughan

homerayvaughan Supporting Member

I have read it's "hard wire bypass"...whatever that is. I tried a 535q last week and didn't hear much tone suckage.

9. Showman

Showman Member

The manual says it's true hardware bypass via a DPDT switch. Same thing with the newer 535 which also have Fasel inductors and sound pretty good IMHO.