Crybaby

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by striven82, Jan 11, 2008.

1. striven82

striven82 Member

I'm thinking about putting a crybaby in my chain. I think it should be the second to last in the series with the looper being last. My question is this. If it is in my chain, is it always on? Or, can I get the original sound, without any effect with it still in the chain?

2. funkycam

funkycam Member

Most people put wah first in the fx chain.
    wah after dirt pedals in particularly s a very specific sound.
    like everything else you can turn it on & off by stamping on it

3. striven82

striven82 Member

Can you turn it off on the fly? How? Yea, I'm kind of a noob. Somebody once told me to put it after the dist. They were wrong.

4. MudPies

MudPies Member

the generic answer is to try it in many spots in your chain and choose which sound you like best.

For myself, I like my wah right between my compression and dirt.

5. funkycam

funkycam Member

Wah after dirt has a very specific one off sound. sounds like squelchy dirty 70s funk.
    The sound most people associate with wah is before dirt.
    See below. There is an on off switch at the extreme end of the travel. you push it all the way forward to turn on/off. you can set the switch mechanically to control how much pressure you need to use to turn it on/off & to ensure that you don't have to hit it too hard to turn it on/off or (the other extreme) have it set so you turn it on off accidentally

[​IMG]

6. striven82

striven82 Member