• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

CS 63 Tele Callahan Bridge and Saddles -Shim?

JoeYello

Silver Supporting Member
I had replaced the stock bridge with a Callaham with compensated brass saddles and the screws on both E string saddles are all the way down and the action is a bit higher than I like.

I’m considering just putting back the original bridge and saddles as they seem smaller (lower) rather than shim the neck. I’m not exactly sure how to shim the neck.

Is there anything else I could try? Has anyone left the stock bridge in the 63? I’ve included a photo showing both bridges.

C89CA69F-199D-454E-96D9-BF6B9F5D1386.jpeg

Rick51

Joe, you should just shim the neck. It's very simple.

Take off the neck. I like to just loosen the strings and put on a capo to keep them organized if I'm not changing strings at the same time.

Put a piece of card stock 1/2" wide across the bridge end of the neck pocket. Put the neck back on. Your saddles will be right in the proper adjustment range.

'63-Strat

That’s great to hear! Do you also have the stock bridge pickup? Mine has a Muy Grande.
Yep stock bridge pickup too. Only thing that is not stock are the jumbo frets.

edit: actually I realize I also changed it from so called vintage wiring as no one really has much use for that.

Last edited:

JoeYello

Silver Supporting Member
I put back the stock bridge, saddles and pickup. I also slightly shimmed the neck and it worked out well. It sounds great and the action and intonation are spot on.

I also got rid of the vintage wiring years ago.

Trending Topics