CS 69 pickup but with flatpoles.

alivegy

I love the sound of the custom shop 69 pickup in the bridge of my strat, but I hate the emphasis that the staggered pole gives the g. Is there a pickup out there that is similar in output and tone, but with flat poles? I'm leaning towards lollar blackfaces.

abnerfm

I managed to lower the G and D poles with my thumb without destroying them. Much happier now.

alivegy

I thought about trying that, but if I damage the pickup I would still have to replace it. I would rather buy a flat pole pickup, and keep the original that came with the guitar unmolested since it is a numbered guitar.

DGTCrazy

Mod Squad
Staff member
Those pickups are really, really nice. I have them in 2 of my CS Strats and they are so articulate and bell like. I don't know if I'd have the courage to mess with them though:omg

alivegy

exactly, I love the overall tone of the pickups, I just hate how overly prominent the g is. For soloing its great but any type of chord work and its jarring.

sick1982

I also think they sound terribly unbalanced. Could have something to do with the 12" fretboard radius I have, but it were the stock pickups.... that said, I hate the bridge pickup :D

Top Bottom