Cubase ..........sob

Discussion in 'Recording/Live Sound' started by Rock Fella, Dec 20, 2005.

1. Rock Fella

Rock Fella Member

Ive got Cubase VST24 installed on my pc and aint it so darned hard to figure out.:eek:

i bought a book called fast track to cubase vst and im just sitting scratching my head in frustration. im not a technophobe, hence im struggling. i want to get great home recorded tones using my pod 2.0 for guitar contests but the fiddlyness of cubase vst is driving me nutz.

is there a guitar recording package that is so simple even i could use it and get cool tones , in other words, very user friendly. ive been using ntrack as of late as the cubase is just so confusing for me.

any recommendations guys ?

jimmy

2. chrisgraff

chrisgraff Member

Maybe we can walk you through this. Where are you getting stuck?

3. Scott Peterson

Scott Peterson Staff Member

I'll just go on record, Cubase VST was a POS from the getgo. I went over to Samplitude Pro because Cubase was so bad.

That said, I was with Cubase SX from the get-go and have dug it the whole time.

4. neve1073

neve1073 Member

I use nuendo and cubase sx3 and it's as good, or better, than any recording editing software including protools hd3. You can't just install it and hope to be able to start recording on high level though.

I don't know anything about VST. Also, what kind of soundcard are you using?

5. Tone_Terrific

Tone_Terrific Member

If your application is to record guitar to backing tracks, song demos, or band recording i.e. recording live audio as you would with a tape machine, you are far better off with a standalone recorder. WAY far better IMO- save yourself a LOT of hassle and you are still recording/mixing/producing.

If you are needing the PC editing, MIDI and sound creation features you MUST go in that direction.

Choose your poison.

6. Stevo57

Stevo57 Supporting Member

Go get a Line6 Toneport from Guitar Center. If I could record something with it on the first day , anyone can. If it doesn't work for you return it.
    I despise most of the tones in the Line6 palette, but there are a few that are good. The best part is you can bypass the Line6 tones and record your dry signal or put a microphone in front and go that way. The Ableton Live
    software included is as simple as arming the track and pressing record. The interface setup program is user friendly too. When I did have an issue, the Ableton folks returned my email in 24 hours. Pretty sweet for $129.00.

7. kfowler11

kfowler11 Guest

Another really inexpensive and very easy to use program is the old Guitar Tracks 2.0. I think you can get a copy for like $10 on eBay. I've been using it for years.

8. captain_rusty

captain_rusty Member

I used VST 24 for a couple of years before getting LE with my new soundcard. I don't think it's a very simple product, but that's mainly because it's so (too) powerful.
    If you post a specific question, one of us will be able to help, no doubt... :))