• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Cue Spinal Tap references

jvin248

"most likely used for burial rituals" ... they missed the part about it being a celestial clock. You want to know when to plant and harvest.

Archeologists spend way too much time trying to convert things to religious significance.
They find all these little statues littered about and think they are something other than kids toys. I remember my cousins having a bucket of Barbie dolls, eh, perhaps there's a cult there.
Every building is a temple ... but no schools/colleges, libraries, tax accounting records facility, DMV, ...

"most likely used for burial rituals" ... they missed the part about it being a celestial clock. You want to know when to plant and harvest.

Archeologists spend way too much time trying to convert things to religious significance.
They find all these little statues littered about and think they are something other than kids toys. I remember my cousins having a bucket of Barbie dolls, eh, perhaps there's a cult there.
Every building is a temple ... but no schools/colleges, libraries, tax accounting records facility, DMV, ...

Religion in ancient times had much more vital cultural significance, and much greater influence on politics and economic affairs than today. In Sumer the priesthood was essentially the ruling class, administering irrigation among other things.

Trending Topics