• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Cure for the tube cover buzzing blues

Picked up a '64 Vibroverb Custom with the Diaz mods before they disappeared from the internets, only to find that two of the preamp tube covers are buzzing loud enough to be heard, even with the amp on 5.

Any generally accepted wisdom on how to pad that tube cover without starting a fire?

daddyo

You don't need the tube covers. Many (most) amps don't have them. As long as the tubes aren't so loose they're dropping out.

That's too easy. I demand a solution that involves at least $100 in parts and several hours of my life that I can't get back :)

rockon1

Platinum Supporting Member
You can jam a bit of fibreglass insulation inside and also squeeze the bases so they fit "tighter" . Bob

Trending Topics