Curiously strong?

Forgive me for my ignorance, but I keep seeing pictures of pedal boards with Altoids boxes on them. Why is that? Are you using them for a boost or something?

sleshnyc

Silver Supporting Member
any preferences on peppermint vs spearmint? I'm concerned that any altoid residue that gets on my picks may have an impact on my tone.

ShaneV

It always seemed to me that having to bend down and open a tin everytime you need a pick would be kind of annoying. Pockets, jammed under pickguard and on top of amp have always been my go to spots.

jason41224

picks, earplugs, groupies phone numbers, and the occasional bag of white powder.

just kidding. it just makes my tone minty fresh.

Valus

It's an internet thing.
It's a gigging musician thing. It's one less thing to go hunting for during setup. After I'm done plugging in my pedalboard, I grab a few picks and stick them in my mic stand pick holder. And if I forget to do that (and don't realize until we're getting ready to start) they're at my feet, not in a case that's got 20 other things piled on it, or, worse, in the trailer! :jo

BTW, Cinnamon gives you haunting mids!

cwcashiniv

más_fuerte;14228223 said:
Yep, and Spearmint for more of a scooped-mid approach.
And Altoids minis for those of us who prefer smaller pick sizes! You know what they say about guys with small picks...

It always seemed to me that having to bend down and open a tin everytime you need a pick would be kind of annoying. Pockets, jammed under pickguard and on top of amp have always been my go to spots.
I just use the tin on my board so I don't have to remember to grab my earplugs or picks. I always have them with me, since I know I won't forget my board. I just grab a handful of picks and set them on my amp while I set up. Just one less thing to worry about remembering.

scottywompas

I guess I get the whole storing picks in them thing. I personally prefer 3 or 4 in my handy dunlop mic stand pick holder and a few more on top of the amp for safety.

I guess it makes sense to stock it with picks so you always have them at a gig.

scott