• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

Current Gibson Quality Control

howdy-doo

Hi Everyone, I just wanted to ask those that have recently bought (bought blind preferably) a new Gibson and if so what the quality control was like?

I'll start by saying that I'm sure the issues of the past are overblown to what it would appear and I really don't want this to turn in to a reason to bash Gibson, but I'm currently considering buying a Satin Natural ES-335, which due to availability in the UK would have to be a blind purchase. I know this is never ideal, and if I could I'd be trying it out in person, but I've had pretty good luck with the last 2 fenders I've bought online, and I've always wanted a 335.

As a side note, could anyone who's played an Eastman T386/486 chime in with how they compare to the 335? I was considering both models as an alternative to the Gibson, but I have to admit there's a part of me that wants to see Gibson on the headstock as sad as that may be!

Trending Topics