Curry to be named MVP!

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by billm408, May 3, 2015.

1. billm408

billm408 Member

Unofficially official and well deserved. He's had a spectacular year. I think Kerr got jobbed on Coach of the Year, but hoisting the trophy is the best revenge. Honestly can't see anyone taking four games from the Dubs this year.

2. jhc

jhc Senior Member

Well deserved IMO

3. John Hurtt

John Hurtt Supporting Member

Curry is insanely good, and deserves the MVP. The Warriors are....what....40-2 at home this year? They win out at home and the championship comes to the Bay Area. They've been a great story this year, the fans have always supported them and now the team is giving some love back.

4. Bankston

Bankston Member

I can't really take issue with Curry winning the MVP since his team finished with the best record in the NBA and he had a great season. I got to meet him last year in St. Andrew's Scotland at the Dunvegan Hotel and he's a nice, cool guy.

But Harden carried the Rockets all year. Howard missed most of the season. They lost their starting 1 and 4. And he just kept filling it up. He also played much better D this year. So he certainly deserves props.

5. Yer Blues

Yer Blues Member

I can't believe how good Curry is in the NBA. He is awesome. I did not think he would be this good.

6. billm408

billm408 Member

Honestly, I thought Harden would win for just that reason. I agree he was the most valuable player to his team this year. Without Harden, the Rockets aren't in the playoffs. Without Steph, the Warriors are probably a 5th seed.

But there's no doubt Steph was the best player in the league this year. And the voting wasn't even close. Curry got 100 first place votes, Harden received 25.

7. MDMachiavelli

MDMachiavelli Member

It's hard to argue against him getting it.

8. Yer Blues

Yer Blues Member

I think it would be pretty cool if the Warriors win the championship.

9. Bankston

Bankston Member

Yea, like I said, I'm not taking issue with Curry because he had a great year and his team finished with the best record.

I'm surprised by the difference in voting but the Rockets have never gotten the national respect they deserve. The Mavs series was the first series playoff win in a loooong time. I actually think losing the MVP vote will motivate Harden in the playoffs. He strikes me as a dude who's at his best when he's playing with a chip on his shoulder.

10. ford

ford Supporting Member

Congrats to him on a great season.

11. Jim Soloway

Jim Soloway Supporting Member

It would have been a great year for a tie. Harden and Curry both had magnificent seasons.

12. John Hurtt

John Hurtt Supporting Member

No...there can only be one. :Devil

13. 2HBStrat

2HBStrat Member

Curry is fun to watch, and deserving of MVP. The Warriors are playing, and winning, the right way. Kerr is doing a good job, but Mark Jackson deserves credit for their success, too, imo...

14. vladorg

vladorg Supporting Member

It certainly didn't hurt Curry's nomination to have the cast of players he has around him. I also think that Harden should have won the MVP, he carried a Houston team without Howard for the majority of the season to finish second in the stacked Western Conference.