Curse you MF SDotD (G&L Legacy Tribute Ltd Ed)

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Slashaholic Anonymous, Dec 6, 2016.

1. Slashaholic Anonymous

Slashaholic Anonymous Supporting Member

I was done spending money. I had even begun drafting my vow of frugality for the coming year. Then Musicianfriend had to get all "we love making you hate yourself" by offering a solid stupid deal of the day in the G&L Legacy Tribute Limited Edition (Alpine white).

This was the only thing missing from my stable - a solid, working man's strat. Right color to boot. Been thinking about making the purchase for a while, so at least it wasn't a complete impulse buy - was always going to be a "value" purchase (G&L import, Squier Classic Vibe, etc, whatever I could get for a good price). Axes constructed in the Far East have been good to me - a little TLC can result in a swell guitar for not a lot of $$.

Anyways, here's to hoping a good one lands on my porch. Excuse me while I go lock my credit card away for the duration of the holiday season.

What recent purchase made you love and hate yourself at the same time?

Last edited: Dec 6, 2016
    JPIndustrie likes this.
  2. Nebakanezer

Nebakanezer Silver Supporting Member

In a geographical anomaly, 2 weeks from everywhere
    Congrats! I think you'll be happy! I went thru their holiday sale items today and noticed quite a few G&Ls at or around the SDOD prices.
    I posted about a few SDOD G&Ls in the past month or so. General consensus seems to be folks like them, I know I do!!!
    I bought some pedals, but just like you, they were things that I'd been eyeballing for awhile and just caught them at the lowest prices I'd seen.

Slashaholic Anonymous likes this.
  3. DrewH

DrewH Member

Get out of here with that crap. You only live once. If you can afford it, buy it. If you can't afford it, buy it anyways.

4. Slashaholic Anonymous

Amen! Fortunately I can comfortably afford my little purchase. Just trying to be responsible. Oh well. I'll be responsible tomorrow.

jpervin likes this.
  5. Slashaholic Anonymous

Glad to hear that you're a fan of the G&L's! I take solace in your words of encouragement.

6. sg13

sg13 Member

It's cool if you like basswood.

7. luv

luv Member

$299 is/was a good price on that guitar.

I just purchased an Ibanez RG6003? (maybe) from MF last week. I was wanting an inexpensive hardtail RG to play around with and MF dropped the price by $100 when they were down to the last few. I got lucky and got one. Checked back an hour later and they were gone (grey ones). Anyway, great guitar for the money. 24 frets, rosewood board, offset markers, hardtail with pretty good stock pickups (I'll switch them out). The part that I didn't put much thought into was that this guitar is one of the flat finishes.......no poly. The guitar resonates and breathes like crazy. It's full of life....sounds awesome. Best cheap guitar purchase I've ever made.

8. lespaultazz

lespaultazz Member

I was really temped to buy this guiatr but i have my heart set on another one and i would never be happy till i have that guitar

9. dacula789

dacula789 Member

Started with the Supro titan and extension cab. Then a Marshall Jubilee mini combo, a Gibson tribute 2017, a 2010 EVH Wolfgang special japan, and lastly a Dover drive pedal.

10. Slashaholic Anonymous

I think you love and/or hate yourself more than I do. Either way, those are some FUN new toys! Especially jealous of the mini jube combo.

dacula789 likes this.
  11. JPIndustrie

JPIndustrie Member

Wait it was $299?? You SHOULD buy that guitar - it'll be good for the economy.

12. guitararmy

guitararmy Member

Congrats! If you grabbed each of the G&L Tribute SDOTD's from the past few weeks you would have a nice stable of tele and strat shaped guitars...

13. Slashaholic Anonymous

You're right! This was more than just another purchase. I was performing my civic duty! I'm helping to form a more union, establishing justice and domestic tranquility (except for my neighbors when I decide the crank up the amps) for all!

14. Slashaholic Anonymous

I have a Fender MIM tele that's taking good care of me. But I saw, and opted to pass on, a recent deal for a classic vibe strat. Passing on that deal has weighed heavily on my mind. Glad I have a chance to rectify the situation and give G&L a try at the same time!

15. RayBarbeeMusic

RayBarbeeMusic Member

Bought one of the Tribute "Painted headstock" Legacies on SDOTD a few weeks ago. Mahogany body, which was nice, and the fretwork was actually quite good. Not so good I won't level it, but in the scheme of the hundreds of guitars I see including a lot that cost 10x what that cost and have meh fretwork, it was pretty damn good for factory work, especially on a $300 import. Better than any factory fretwork I have ever seen on a USA Fender.