• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Curse you TGP'ers...I blame you all for this.....

jimmyohio75

All of this stuff arrived (in 5 different shipments) over the past 3 days. Spending too much time in the effects section of TGP has caused me to build my first pedalboard. As you can see by the pictures I am missing two very important things. An overdrive pedal and a delay. Still researching these. My band will be looking to spice things up on our new CD with effects. I am 45 and never used any pedals before. I guess it's better late than never.

Empros

Don't curse us yet. Start doing that when you have 10 different overdrive pedals.

Class5

You have no-one to blame but yourself, however, we do offer a 12 step program to help you through recovery.

Holzar1988

Gold Supporting Member
Great start!

I didn't start cursing in earnest until I realized my PT-Jr. might be too small. Still managed to squeeze 11 pedals on it, though.

Catch

Analog>Digital Converter
Platinum Supporting Member
The healing can begin once you accept you have a problem...

You'll want a power supply at some point instead of the 1Spot, and then there are the Skreddys and Strymons and and and and....you've made me start blubbering!

PatrickE_FenderADV

Silver Supporting Member
Welcome to the never ending rotation club! As mentioned above... This is just the tip of the iceberg! ODs are next!!! :bonk

Holzar1988

Gold Supporting Member
4,258 posts? What on earth were you talking about if pedals weren't in the mix? :)

I only got to a 1,000 posts after going through what seemed like 1,000 pedals. One post per pedal, ya' know?

jimmyohio75

4,258 posts? What on earth were you talking about if pedals weren't in the mix? :)

I only got to a 1,000 posts after going through what seemed like 1,000 pedals. One post per pedal, ya' know?
Been spending all my time in the guitar and amp (mainly amp) sections.
I have a raging GAS habit. This can't end well. Divorce is imminent

Holzar1988

Gold Supporting Member
Been spending all my time in the guitar and amp (mainly amp) sections.
I have a raging GAS habit. This can't end well. Divorce is imminent
Yeah, the reason pedal gas is the worst is that they're easy to smuggle in. Or maybe that makes it the best kind of gas. I mean, most boutique pedals don't look like they should cost $200 to $300 dollars ... Amps and guitars are harder to disguise.

Catch

Analog>Digital Converter
Platinum Supporting Member
Yeah, the reason pedal gas is the worst is that they're easy to smuggle in. Or maybe that makes it the best kind of gas. I mean, most boutique pedals don't look like they should cost $200 to $300 dollars ... Amps and guitars are harder to disguise.
Oooooooh, I like the way this one thinks! :noevil

jimmyohio75

Wow, I never thought of that. Small pedals are easy to conceal. Very nice. I could tell you some crazy stories about the lengths I have gone to in order to keep an amp or guitar purchase from Mrs. Jimmyohio75. I'm not proud.

Holzar1988

Gold Supporting Member
I'm going through my prepurchase ritual right now: Put a pedal in the cart, apply discount code, think, rationalize, get cold feet, take it out of the cart.

We know how this is going to end, don't we my fellow TGPers?

Amazingly and somewhat annoyingly, my seven-year-old now gets madder when I get a new pedal than my wife does: "Another pedal?" he shrieks before telling me what LEGO set he thinks he needs if I got another pedal. When I tell him it doesn't work that way, well, it doesn't help.

Top Bottom