Curt Mangan Strings

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous Reviews' started by Brian Scherzer, Jan 30, 2016.

1. jamesrsmith

jamesrsmith Supporting Member

where you at? im in pueblo,,

2. armadillo66

armadillo66 Member

I live over north of Center on the west side of the San Luis Valley, probably 25 miles NW of Alamosa
    We used to live in Crestone but it is just a bit too much vegan hipster for my happiness

3. jamesrsmith

jamesrsmith Supporting Member

sweet!, gonna take a road trip soon, havent been southwest,,

4. armadillo66

armadillo66 Member

I have a guitar rig, and a small PA to run bass or keys or vocals if you want to jam, come on out here, stop by Hashish House on McCullogh road in west Pueblo and grab a chunk of some tasty hash to bring with.

5. big mike

big mike Moderator - EL34 Emeritas Staff Member

Finest strings I've ever used. Consistent, good quality, last a long time. Great stuff.

friend33 likes this.
  6. reddgeetarzan

reddgeetarzan Supporting Member

Same exact experience for me too! Switched back to D'Addarios and never had a problem since. It happened on a couple of different guitars that haven't had issues since.

I WILL say this.....his acoustic strings are THE BOMB. I've not had the same experience with string breakage on those.

7. frquent flyer

frquent flyer Member

curt magnam,certainly worth trying......

8. Lewguitar

Lewguitar Member

I'm in Colorado too and the guy in a little guitar shop called Brightwood Music up in the mountains in Nederland turned me onto them.

I like them a lot.

Haven't had a lick of trouble with them either.

No broken strings.

To me they sound between Daddarios and more expensive boutique brands, but at a DAddario price.

9. sethp23

sethp23 Supporting Member

Same here. I love them. They have relaxed tension and a nice full tone to them. I've only broken a high e once, and those strings were very old at the time. I should have changed them before going to that gig in hindsight.

10. Shane S

Shane S Member

I recently switched over to Curt Mangan strings and love them thus far. I ended up have a custom signature set of .011-.054 made for me and I am in the process of switching 20 guitars over to this new string gauge.

11. Stratobuc

Stratobuc Member

I have broken a few GHS strings, and a ton of D'Addario's. I have NEVER, EVER broken a Curt Mangan String. They are by far the most consistent, longest lasting, and best sounding string I've ever used. I own 16 guitars and 2 basses, and they all have Curt Mangan's on them.

wharris likes this.
  12. rhinocaster

rhinocaster Supporting Member

It's good for people to know that some folks have had trouble with the strings and others have had no trouble. They're definitely worth trying as they're very good sounding/feeling strings but if someone starts experiencing excessive breakage, they can at least know that it's not unheard of.

I'm not surprised that they're the preferred string for some people, they're the string that made me feel that SOBs weren't worth the trouble to me. I've also sold a number of guitars to TGP members back when I was playing the Mangan nickels and I got a few, "What strings are these? They're great!" responses when the person got their guitar.

13. ccoker

ccoker Supporting Member

I am digging them..
    Recent convert.

14. Paleolith54

Paleolith54 Member

Another fan here. They are often describes as "boutique" which is easy to equate to costly, but they're only a bit more than Ernie Ball or D'Adarrio (sp?).

Oh, I get mine through Juststrings.com, great to deal with. Especially easy to build custom sets with them, too.

15. frquent flyer

frquent flyer Member

I like Magnams but also John Pearse strings.

16. MHG

MHG Member

Wow! I just received a Strat that happened to be set up with CM 10's, and I absolutely love them. These are likely the strings I'll use on my guitars going forward.