Cusack Screamer in the mail!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by popsongsmith, Sep 2, 2008.

1. popsongsmith

popsongsmith Senior Member

I'm really looking forward to this one. The video demo on ProGuitarshop.com sounds stellar.

Just curious, I have an MI Audio Blues Pro, which I've been diggin' lately. Will these two play nice together? Are they redundant?

Cheers!

2. michaelvincent

michaelvincent Member

nice video...that is nowhere near as barking and mean as it can get when you really turn the drive up but that's pretty accurate.

Last edited: Sep 2, 2008
  3. aaronblues

aaronblues Supporting Member

i played a Screamer Fuzz v.2 last week (in yellow!!) and it was way cooler then i imagined it would be. Another ts pedal, nah! But this guy might be my new hi gainer, tho i didn't buy it yet. Hi output, lot of gain. Wouldn't be my choice as a straight up fuzz, but it's great for tweaking the Dist./fuzz line.

cheers

4. jamison162

jamison162 Supporting Member

Would this be a good Rat alternative?

5. musickbox

musickbox Supporting Member

I think it is. But I have not tried the Screamer Fuzz v.2, only the first version. To my ears, this pedal has a softer attack than the Rat does. The Rat is more Distortion while the Screamer is more Fuzz. They are very similar though.

6. aaronblues

aaronblues Supporting Member

i would have to a/b them, as i haven't played a rat in quite awhile. I don't think the Screamer Fuzz is quite as saturated, but definitely just as rude! The drive control on the Screamer Fuzz is supposed to sound the exact same as the Screamer, if you have the fuzz knob down. If you have the Fuzz knob up and drive down, you get alot of broken fuzz tones. The fun is in the middle!

cheers

7. Soothsayer

Soothsayer (Paul) Supporting Member

The Cusack Screamer is my fav pedal. By far the best effect purchase I have made this year.

8. Lightningrt

Lightningrt Member

Funny, I found the Screamer to be yet another [but very good] TS clone, but with too much compression at high gain settings for me. Although I agree about the gain being a lot more tweakable than a standard TS.

Maybe my guitar and amp settings?