1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Cusack Tap-A-Whirl rhythmic waveforms demo

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by reaction105, May 24, 2011.

1. reaction105

reaction105 Member

I just made this video showing all of the different rhythms the Cusack trem is capable of:

2. reaction105

reaction105 Member

Bumpity bump for trem fans.

3. Bobby D

Bobby D Member

cusack's designs are SO COOL and sound SO GOOD -- the phase blew my mind. love his work. very original and interesting pedals with a LOT of sonic options -- so much so that it might scare off some guitarists.

LOVE IT!:YinYang

4. DraggAmps

DraggAmps Member

Good job! I've been meaning to do a TAW v3 demo too.

5. robjrussell

robjrussell Member

awesome demo - bump for exposure. i love my v3 tapawhirl. the most underrated trem out there IMO

6. DraggAmps

DraggAmps Member

Quite true. It's in an awkward price range. It's only $25-35 more than the Diamond and Empress trems, and has way more features (and I personally liked just the basic sound at least as much as the Diamond and honestly, probaly even more, but it's like it's in a separate price range so people only consider it up against the Goat Keeper. I've heard people say the overall sound kills the GK. They're very different but the price and the fact that they're packed with options seem to put them in another range, even though the TAW is only a little more than the Diamond and Empress. We're in lucky times, though. All of these trems mentioned are outstanding. I would consider going back to the Diamond for a while, just for fun, then switch back. Kind of like how I switch between the Diamond and Mad Professor compressors frequently.

7. mcdes

mcdes Member of no importance

ive had mine for two weeks, sold my empress for it...... the empress is cool, but this one rocks!!

8. thesjkexperienc

thesjkexperienc ^^^ I made this guitar^^^ Supporting Member

I did my own shootout between the Diamond, Empress and the Cusack v3. The Diamond was the early leader, the the brake function and a few of the wave forms gave the Cusack the job. For example bank B wave #2 sounds great with a flanger.

9. reaction105

reaction105 Member

I actually had both the Cusack and Diamond trems for a couple of days. The extra waveforms and fade in/brake speed etc of the Cusack make it worth the extra $25. The depth knob is cool too, past 12 o'clock it goes from regular depth control to clipping the waveforms...just a nice bit of extra control over the sound.

10. teleguido

teleguido Member

LOVE my Tap-A-Whirl! I looked at the Diamond, Empress, Goatkeeper, and a few others, and the Cusack was the winner.

11. littlewing52

littlewing52 Member

Took my Empress back the next day and traded for the Cusack. All because of this: http://cusackmusic.com/wp/?page_id=1783

12. chrisross

chrisross Supporting Member

I had this, but I sold it because I was completely overwhelmed! I guess I'm just not ready for that many options. Did sound great though!