Custom Audio 1x12 vs Suhr Badger 1x12

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by Random Hero, Mar 20, 2019.

1. Random Hero

Random Hero Member

Are these similar? I've always been curious about the CAA 1x12s, and I'm looking for a small portable cabinet, so it kinda makes sense.

How similar are they to the Badger 1x12s?

2. mixn4him

mixn4him Supporting Member

The CAA's are ported and designed for the V30's. HUGE sounding 1x12's not sure if the Badger 1x12 is ported and think John was loading these WGS speakers...

3. beej

beej Supporting Member

I believe they're different, though I'm not familiar with the CAA one.

The Badger 1x12 is ported. There are quite a few threads from way back where John talked about the software he used to design it. Originally came with a V30 but then they switched to a Vet30 (sonically similar). Really big sounding 1x12!

4. Hacksaw

Hacksaw Time Warped Gold Supporting Member

Yes they are different, I own both. They have different dimensions and sound a bit different. I do prefer the badger cab as it’s more balanced. The caa can get a bit woofy so I have to watch out for my bass. I put greenbacks in both cabs as I don’t like the vet30 so it’s possible the greenback is causing the woof. Both cabs are built great.