• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Custom audio electronic OD100 PT

billm408

http://music.mp3lizard.com/peterthorn/

Here's a great sampling from Pete. I've had mine for almost a week now and it's an incredible amp! Amazing clean channel that can also offer some really nice break up and the two gain/MV controls on channel 2 is a great feature. I expected the upper mid Marshall-y kind of tones that are on the clip- what surprised me was how well the amp can do the modern gain tone as well- dark, heavily saturated and compressed. I'm going to gig with it for the first time on Saturday. I'm just scratching the surface of what this amp can do but may try to record a few clips over the weekend if I can.

sinasl1

Silver Supporting Member
Hey boll, does yours have the whomp 2 switch and a feedback knob?

billm408

Yes to both. Still messing with those too... little adjustments can make such a huge difference. I haven't really settled on the Whomp yet... the amp has more than enough bass response, but I like the way the Whomp rounds out the low mids a bit. Feedback I have set around 5-6 and presence at 6. After playing Bogner for the last 2 years, my ears are still adjusting a bit to getting the upper mid voicing so I'm trying hard not to over do it. Where are you setting Whomp/Feeback & presence Pete?

BTW... that modded Komet clip kills!

sinasl1

Silver Supporting Member
I am now setting the feedback at 0- that's where John says it is by default when you order the head with no feedback control. I used to have it on 5, I liked the added punch, but it's sweeter sounding when set lower and I decided I liked that better. It's a little quieter when set on 0 so just turn up a bit to compensate.

I'm using whomp off as well- I use multiple cabs, with 3 4-12"s all that low end can be a bit much- but if running a 2-12" I bet I'd have it set in the middle. It's nice to have the option.

billm408

Funny... I started with the FB at 1-2 and John suggested that if I wanted the amp to open a bit and sound less compressed, that I should get it up above 5. I think it has more of that clasic Marshall type tone with the feedback set lower though. Plus the hiss factor is less too. Since I've had the amp, I've only spent about 2 hours with it, so I'm still very much at the beginning of the learning curve on this thing.

sinasl1

Silver Supporting Member
start with all tones at 5... feedback off.... gains on 6 or so on ch 2.... bright in.. masters up around 4 and engage the loop and use the loop volume on the back as your master. Tweak from there.. have fun! :)

Trending Topics