1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Custom Boss Mods?

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by granite, Feb 4, 2006.

1. granite

granite Member

I'm trying to find someone to do a custom Boss Mod. I contacted the folks at Keeley and they told me (nicely) that they don't have the time to do mods not listed on their website.

I wanted them to do their Boss TR-2 mod on a Boss PN-2. I thought it would be pretty easy since they both have the Trem feature and the PN-2 just adds panning. I want lower noise and no volume loss when the PN-2 is engaged. True Bypass would also be cool, but not necessary. Anyone have any ideas or know someone? Analogman maybe? Mike you out there? I sent you an email anyway.

BTW, I'm looking for a second PN-2 in mint/excellent condition. If you have one sitting on the shelf somewhere and would like to sell it, please let me know.

Thanks!

2. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

Try Indyguitarist (www.indyguitarist.com). Brian is a really nice guy and he his work is excellent. Check out his soundclips page!

Heck, he's the only guy I've found who mods a tonebone classic!

3. ungarn

ungarn Member

+1 for Brian Wampler at Indyguitarist!

4. granite

granite Member

Thanks for the recommendation! I sent Brian an email. I didn't know he did TR-2 mods as well. They sound great. Great website. Let's hope he's willing to try his hand on my PN-2.

If anyone else has a lead let me know. I can't imagine modding my PN-2 could be that difficult for someone already doing a TR-2 mod.

5. omensixaxe

omensixaxe Member

off topic here...but is there any chance i could find someone who could mod an eq-20 to have another output jack to allow for footswitchable scanning of the presets?

6. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

7. Hamer95USA

Hamer95USA Member

Hey granite,

Try contacting AnalogMan to see if he can do the PN-2 mod for you to help you out with the noise and volume loss issues.
    http://www.analogman.com

Guitar George

8. granite

granite Member

I traded emails with Mike @ Analogman. He's pretty busy right now and asked me to touch base with him in a couple of months. I think he's too nice to say no to my minor mod. So....I guess Brian at Indy is my last hope. I'm waiting to hear from back from him.

I guess this is what happens when you become successful at your craft, no time for the little man. Maybe I should have told them that I'm really Eric Clapton. :)

9. ari

ari Member

10. granite

granite Member

Hooray!!! Brian at IndyGuitarist has agreed to try modding my PN-2. I'll let you know how it turns out.

11. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

Brian is da best. What did I tell ya?