• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!
  • If you are seeing this, you are on the new TGP servers. Bear with us as we work out any issues related to the move. The end result should be a far better snappier experience on TGP. *Notice: You can close this notice by clicking on the "X" in the upper right corner.

Custom Brown Tweed Style Logos?

OCDuff

Hi all - I'm due for some new 3.5x1" tweed style logos for my little amp operation.

I have been searching for years for metal, brown paint over silver, not any other color or material. With my own non-Fender logo on it.

No one seems to make these - still. It's the one thing the usual suspects don't make.

Does anyone know of anyone who does on the old inter web? The yellow pages sign shop are a thing of the past.

Thanks so much for any help.

Jeff Gehring

Gold Supporting Member
You would think that any decent silkscreen shop could accomodate that, at least the inking part. You might need to work with a metalshop to have your blank plates made up out of the desired stock. I just get happy with what color options are available in the metalphoto process, B&P Lasers have been great to work with.

OCDuff

Hi Jeff - thanks for reply. I remember your name from back in the day - you may have been one of my earliest customers. Funnt what a small niche we are in.

Checked out BNP - black and silver metal only.

Like you, I'd think this would be so simple to have brown paint on metal. I remember using stencil kits years ago on pedals but the process left a lot to be desired.

Anyway - where do the guys getting fake tweed logos get theirs made? Maybe they are making them. I kinda just want to pay someone to do it. I barely have time to shower some days.

There is a thread over on TDPRI in which a lady does really nice work of this type for truly acceptable charges. I'll see if I can find that info.

scott1568

The TDPRI thread is titled "amp nameplate source" under the Shock Brothers forum.

quote form that thread:

"Just thought I'd pass this along. I was looking for someone to make me a custom nameplate and emailed a few people on Etsy. Ended up hearing back from Mindy here: https://www.etsy.com/shop/AwardsEtc and she said she'd give it a shot: $10 plus $3.50 shipping. Figured I couldn't lose"

Trending Topics