• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Custom Build is Under Way!!!

slpayne

thanks guys :) I'm getting fralin pure pafs put in it...those pups in this guitar and it should sing :)...add on the gold hardware and rosewood knobs/tailpiece....i can't wait!!!!

slpayne

I agree! That is what actually pushed me over the edge to place the order...Ive never seen another like it!

slpayne

vixen 4 by Peters Instruments, on Flickr

http://petersinstruments.com/ by Peters Instruments, on Flickr

Belle is DONE!!!! Can't wait to get her here and play her, she's a beauty! Shad is a true craftsman and artist, and a great guy to work with....I have GAS worse now that when I placed the order!!!

ChaseTMP

Gold Supporting Member
Beautiful! I'm envious of all of you that get the picture updates. I have a custom Dan Ransom, that should be in my hands in a few weeks, but I think my first peek, will be when I open the case.

Tyler

What a great thread... the build from lumber to finished beauty. Congratulations, she's a killer ax. :eeks

slpayne

thanks guys!!! I really can't wait to get my hands on her...with those Fralin Pure PAFs she's sure to sound at least as good as she looks!

JWALKER

Awesome thread. Cheers to you on getting your custom guitar and for posting the process of the build. How long did the build take? Have you weighed this baby yet?

tele118

I just love watching luthiers build guitars. There's just something so beautiful about it.

shadpeters

Awesome thread. Cheers to you on getting your custom guitar and for posting the process of the build. How long did the build take? Have you weighed this baby yet?

he doesn't have it just yet, but I can tell you that it weighs 6.25 lbs.

shadpeters

Nice lines! Tell them to stop putting it on concrete to take pictures, lol.
The Concrete is just kinda for cool aesthetics, but its not actually on the concrete though, I place pieces of cork padding underneath it at all the points of contact, and am very careful to make sure no damage is incurred. It's just for a cool background.

magnus02

Silver Supporting Member
Wow!

Everything about this guitar is amazing... I normally can't stand gold hardware but this one kills it.... Enjoy!

Trending Topics