Custom Designed Brookwood Leather Guitar Strap

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Groovey Records, Jan 15, 2008.

1. Groovey Records

Groovey Records Member

Jackson Heights Birthplace of Johnny Thunders
    I found this guy here on TGP. One of his satisfied customers raving about his new Guitar strap 6 months after he got it?

So I checked it out and found that ohtaypanky here at TGP custom made Guitar Straps, Drum Stick cases and Pick holders. I got in touch, bought one of his ready made cut to size straps, and talked with him about the ideas I had for the Guitar strap I always wanted.

www.brookwoodleather.com

While talking I found out Bob was a interesting guy, part of a blues cooperative and had this sharing of knowledge and tradition scene going on for new players as well as old farts. A sort of a passing of the torch kind of thing. He collects guitars and amps and lives with his family in PA. He is still using everyday a strap he made forty years ago

After one week just last night he sent me a few pictures of my new Celtic Concho design. Guitar and Amp not included. I can't wait to wear my new strap on my Guitar.

When it gets here I tell you if it makes me a better player and improves my sounds.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. dirtypool

dirtypool Member

Amersfoort, near Amsterdam, the Netherlands, Europ
    I would like to have one like that in natural or red and 4" wide..

3. Guitarpentry

Guitarpentry Supporting Member

Wow, way cool strap! I haven't 'researched' many straps, but that's by far the coolest one I've seen.

4. r9player

r9player Silver Supporting Member

Sweet looking strap.

5. Groovey Records

Groovey Records Member

OK Less then 10 days after placing a Custom Order Brookwood Leather Sent me 2 beautiful straps. My camera could not do them justice. Some of the best customer service and a satisfaction guarantee.

We need to support Artisians like Bob or this type of work will not exist any longer. If you need a strap for your best instrument you should buy one of Bob's. In fact everyone should know I'll be buying another.

The Hide is thick and worked smooth and rich. This is not butter soft but strong with depth and substance. It is also not a stiched thin leather skin covering over a cheaper cloth strap underneath. This is strap leather.

The second strap has a deep almost burgandy oxblood red color that accents the tooled scroll work that a Movie Star Cowboy like Roy Rodgers or the Lone Ranger might have on their well worn saddle.

The work around the strap peg opening is tight and has a very tight tolerance. Its not going to pop off by accident at all.

This is a man doing all his own Artisan style hand work for many years. His prices don't begin to get close to his competiters asking prices. His most famous competition farm out work to underpaid workers across the border, then ask twice to three times the price for work not on this level

My second Strap is the one on top almost out of the picture. The Black one with the Celtic Buckle was the starting point for how Brookwood Leather turned my request into reality. Celtic Conchos

http://www.brookwoodleather.com/

[​IMG]

6. Groovey Records

Groovey Records Member

My Strap on my VooDooed Guitar by Peter Florance with # ST60 hot handwound single coils. Gotta Little Bit A Soul!

[​IMG]

7. dspblues

dspblues Silver Supporting Member

I used your strap as the example of what I wanted. :) Only difference is I got black lambskin padding.

8. SLBlues

SLBlues Member

Love your straps, Groovey. I too am a huge fan of Bobby's craftsmanship. Here's a pic of my Brookwood English Bridle Leather Strap.

[​IMG]

9. FlackBase

FlackBase Felonious Monkey Gold Supporting Member

Stunningly beautiful but a strap with any kind of metal on it will never find it's way near one of my guitars.

10. bluesjuke

bluesjuke Disrespected Elder

Groovey, every one of them top quality and sure are attractive!

SL, from my wifes saddlery I might lean to the Bridle leather.
    I always tell her that her English tack would make a nice strap.

11. gkoelling

gkoelling Member

This is one of my favorite straps Bob makes. Someday soon I need to order it.

[​IMG]

12. stratman89

stratman89 Supporting Member

I went for the 'Cut to size' strap this time around.

A birthday gift from my wife that should arrive this week!

Here's a pic Bob sent me before the button holes are put in.................

[​IMG]

13. phoenix 7

phoenix 7 Silver Supporting Member

Really beautiful strap, Groovey!

14. Notverysuttle

Notverysuttle Member

Congrats, Goovey, on your new strap. Great design you put together.
    You found out what many of us already know and that is Bob is a terrific artist and overall good egg to deal with.