• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Custom Designed Guitar

Mr. G.

Here's the deal... I've designed a guitar that I would love to have built, but there's no way I could do it myself. So, I was wondering if there were any luthiers who build guiatars from the customers own design. The body is basicaly a mix between a LP and a Tele, and the headstock is a mix between a LP and a PRS. I've already drawn it up in CAD to make things a little easier. If you know somebody, or you are that somebody... lets talke.

MOJO

Originally posted by petrucci
Check out MYKA for sure before deciding on anyone! Check out this guitar he is building for a friend of mine:

http://www.mykaguitars.com/instruments/034/default.htm

Totally custom to my buddies specs on everything. Check out those sweet pickup covers! I don't want to post anothers prices but MYKA's prices are great with very reasonable build times.
wow!! that is Excellant!! love the matched covers.. EMG'S?

petrucci

The pickups are humbuckers from a 1989 PRS and are direct mounted. Myka made the covers for cosmetic puposes only and they don't color the sound.
This entire guitar is a cross between the sound and tone of a 1989 PRS CE and the playability and upper fret access of a John Petrucci Signature Ibanez with that boutique small builder mojo and love. I imagine it will be sick!

He should be getting this tomarrow.

Down and Out in NYC

Gold Supporting Member
Originally posted by petrucci
The pickups are humbuckers from a 1989 PRS and are direct mounted. Myka made the covers for cosmetic puposes only and they don't color the sound.
This entire guitar is a cross between the sound and tone of a 1989 PRS CE and the playability and upper fret access of a John Petrucci Signature Ibanez with that boutique small builder mojo and love. I imagine it will be sick!

He should be getting this tomarrow.
Holy Crap...........did u have him copy the PRS or the Petrucci Ibanez neck ?????

Could he built one of those for someone else, like i dont know, maybe me ?

petrucci

Adam doesn't have a BAM name or anything yet so he is writing this:

I had Dave copy the petrucci neck 100% and the petrucci body but with a carved top and set neck instead of the petrucci's bolt-on neck and flat top.

I had him copy everything I loved from every guitar I have ever had (petrucci neck, '89 PRS CE sound, inverted input jack, piezo, 5-way wired my way, string through the body, ect).

I have no doubt he could do anything you want and let me say that his prices were great, working with him could not have been easier and his build time was much shorter than almost all others. Totally a great experice all the way around. Look for more pics and a full report tomarrow - feel free to ask any questions you want and anyone who wants to come to Maryland can come be and try her in person if they want.

Here is Dave Myka's email: david@mykaguitars.com

Luca Z

PRSplaya,

I have a similar project going on, and I have found a luthier here in Switzerland that will do the job for me, whenever I finish the design. I am still working on the body. My suggestion is to find someone close to you, so that you can have full control over the building process. Being a custom design, you will have a lot of things to discuss in the making. Good luck.

-kk-

Let me just chime in here. David has worked with a few very satisfied customer here, myself included (#25). he's very open to new ideas and has lots of good ideas himself.

The man knows what he's doing, just drop him a line or give him a call, you wont regret it.

just my 2 cents.

petrucci

Just my opinion but I would but Warmoth at the very end of the custom builder list personally. They are good for do-it-yourself projects, but I have never seen or heard anything to make me think they can stand up to Myka, Driskill, Heatley, PRS, ect. in any way.

Mr. G.

Just heard back from David (that was fast). He seems like a really nice guy to deal with. He also really liked my design, and has me very excited about getting it built. Unfortunately, I can't commit, financialy, to anything until early next year (Christmas puts a hurting on the gear funds :( ). But, that will give me plenty of time to make sure my design is exactly like I want. Thanks for all the suggestions y'all!

Trending Topics