• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Custom Effects Loop Cable Help Needed

slo100

Hi,

Does any anyone know of a manufacturer who makes a send/return cable that can be used with an effects loop out to a pedalboard?

I guess I am looking for a mini-pedalsnake (but I don't need all the other stuff).

Just need one cable with two jacks on either end: send and return.

I can't find one. I guess I could make one myself with two cables and zip ties but am hoping to avoid doing that.

Thanks,
Bret

telemike

I'd look a little closer at the PedalSnake. You can configure it to your needs. I have one that has the four channels being used with a two channel Mesa Maverick. The channels are set us as such:
1. Front end of amp after OD's and compressor
2. Channel switcher for Maverick
3. Power supply (no separate power needed for board)
4. Effects loop send and return for trem, chorus and delay, etc.

This really solved a bunch of issues for me and I really like to power supply solution.

frankencat

Guitarded
Gold Supporting Member
I had one made out of Gepco by AVCable.com a few years ago. It's sturdy, sounds great and is holding up well. Highly recommended. Also I believe Mark at Lavacable.com will make you just about anything you need and he has also been excellent with great products and support.

slo100

Thanks all!

I will contact Mark and AV.

Dosmun...can you describe how to wire a mic cable to do this? I'd love to try that out.

I might do a full pedalsnake in the future but I need a stop-gap fast. Doing a pedal snake is going to require a lot of work on my part.

Bret

Top Bottom