Custom Graphic Picfest ....

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Don Rusk, Sep 3, 2008.

1. Don Rusk

Don Rusk Biggus Bearfootus Vendor

2. astainback

astainback Member

:eek:

I love that!!!

How much??

3. atquinn

atquinn Supporting Member

Wow! That might be the coolest custom paint job I've ever seen! How much does he charge?

-Austin

4. bigjoeblue

bigjoeblue Member

Unusual, and absolutly beautiful.:AOK

5. tildeslash

tildeslash Supporting Member

Superb - can you ask him how much he charges?

6. smallbutmighty

smallbutmighty Supporting Member

Absolutely.

Don't expect many replies in this thread...everyone else is too intimidated to post now. That is mind-boggling.

Aren't those called "Mandelbrot (sp?) Curves"? How was that done? Has to be computer-aided.

....and I'm assuming the face is your reflection, yes? Or is that part of the paint-job?

ac

7. Don Rusk

well you can contact him if you like , each ones different and he can do about anything, I think its about a couple 100 bucks if you send im a black body ... :AOK

now lets see some other peoples pics :AOK

8. Jason_86_951

Jason_86_951 Supporting Member

Based on the neck pocket and pickup routes, it looks like it was run through a wide format printer. Beautiful design, I love it!

Anyone ever do full body laser engraving on their guitar before? I've got a project that I'm thinking of doing this on.

9. Don Rusk

Hmmm you might be right - didnt really want it to turn into a commercial... he just showed me that and I thought it was amazing and also thought I dont see many custom graphic guitars anymore..........

yeah its some sophisticated printer thats adapted to print in real inks on surfaces - so it could concievably be any image you can get on a computer --- I guess you could mail him a black guitar body and email the image you want .........

10. Jason_86_951

Here is a Photoshop I did of a guitar that I want to build. The artwork is a original lithograph/linocut that my Mother did a few years before she passed away. She was an amazing person and a extremely talented artist. She still has a few images on Ward Nasse's gallery http://www.wardnasse.org/3b07p.htm

I think it would look cool printed black on top of a marykay or natural finish, what do you guys think?

DonneR-Thank you for this post, I will shoot your friend an email as this maybe a way for me to do this project. I had thought of doing it with a laser engraver, but I think it's too complex for that.

[​IMG]

11. Don Rusk

Yeah thats very cool Jason ! looks like it was tool cut might be interesting with some tortoise binding or somethig to accent the edges....

12. Jason_86_951

I'd love to be able to get it engraved into the wood, just like the plates they were printed from. She would spend months carving these with tiny little carving tools.

I wish I would have had her do some carving on a guitar body when I had the chance. One of many, many regrets.

Even if the image was burnt in by a laser and then finished over the top, make it look like it was part of the wood grain maybe.