Custom order from Mesa

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by stringman340, Jan 29, 2012.

1. stringman340

stringman340 Member

Anyone ever order a custom through Mesa? Looking into a Lonestar Special with some of those custom options in their design gallery. Were they easy to work with? Pricing, wait, overall satisfaction?

2. chrisrocksusa

chrisrocksusa Member

I love their stained/flamed woods.

3. stringman340

stringman340 Member

Yes, but I can't seem to keep my eyes off of the cream bronco - cream front panel with black grill. OR, the beauty of a AAA flame maple front panel.....just hope someone has experience with ordering these amps with custom options.

4. zwish

zwish Member

Hey there. I used to work for a Mesa dealer and I've ordered a few custom Mesa products for customers and a custom Mark V head for myself. Mesa amps for the most part are build to order so there is a wait associated with the purchase. Generally they say six to eight weeks but it can sometimes be longer or shorter depending on whether or not they're already building similar custom amps in a similar finish at the time.

As far as the quality, fit, and finish, it was always top notch. Nothing to worry about there. Any Mesa dealer will be able to tell you the up charge for any specific custom option. I seem to remember custom tolex and a tan grille ending up to be around $180 but I could be wrong. The wood finishes can definitely get pricey though! I also am a big fan of the cream/British tan bronco colors.

Best of luck to you, they are a great amp manufacturer, and the LSS is one of my favorite amps.

5. SatelliteNine

SatelliteNine Member

really easy to work with - the dealer in Canada, l&m ordered it for me. Took a while to come in, 3 or 4 months I think, but that was a couple years ago. I've got the cream bronco / black grill, and i love it.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

6. whiteop

whiteop Senior Member

They do make some of the best custom looking amps out there.

7. stratton

stratton Member

They sure do. That Lonestar is a looker!

I saw a white Tremoverb half stack here a while back that just rocked my world.

8. stringman340

stringman340 Member

That's the one! I love beautiful wood and tan grills, but this color combo is tickling my innermost desires.....

Did you also request for the "Boogie" name plate? I've always noticed the LSS to have a full 'Mesa Boogie' square-ish badge.

I could definitely wait a few months for one. I'm figuring the custom up charge was somewhere around $200?

9. DGTCrazy

DGTCrazy Moderator de Emporio Staff Member

Really easy to work with. And everyone is so helpful....from Debbie at the front desk, to Rick Duvall at Customer Service, and everyone in between. Good peeps!