Custom pedal power supply

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by racktifier, Sep 25, 2006.

1. racktifier

racktifier Member

Does anyone know who custom makes power supplies? I'm awful tired of having to bring around 4 separate power supplies every gig.

I found this on google: http://www.rjmmusic.com/custom.html. Anyone with experience dealing with them?

2. Aj_rocker

Aj_rocker Member

Dont take me as rude but can you explain futher your problem and then we can give you more directed help.

thanks

Aj

3. racktifier

racktifier Member

Ok perhaps I was too vague. I currently use 4 different power supplies for different voltages - 15vdc (tonebone hot british), 24vdc (ehx memory man), 9vdc center positive (murf) and 9vdc center negative (usually 6-8 other pedals).

So my question is whether there is anyone who will make me a single power supply so I don't have to bring around the four that i currently use.

4. Aj_rocker

Aj_rocker Member

OK thats a lot lot lot better! i can now help you! I dont think i know of any companies who will do four different voltages/types of power in one package. The Voodoo lab Pedal Power 2 can handle 8 pedals which can either be centre pos or centre neg at 9 volts dc. (normal boss/digitech/90% of all pedals) For the others i think you will just have to live with them being on their own power line.

hope that helps

Aj

5. racktifier

racktifier Member

Thanks for the quick reply AJ

It seems that Bob Bradshaw (http://www.customaudioelectronics.com) does custom make power supplies with multiple voltages. Won't be cheap though - He charges $250 for a standard power supply with 8 9vdc outputs. So i'll probably just stick to what I have for now.

6. Aj_rocker

Aj_rocker Member

glad to be able to help, one day i'll put a power surply together. not soon tho

Aj

7. Montez

Montez Member

8. gururyan

gururyan Member

I was about to say the same thing...and as coincidence would have it, I received my Flatliner from Brad @ ToneFactor less than an hour ago!

9. Aj_rocker

Aj_rocker Member

I stand corrected, im sorry for giving the wrong advice.

i will also go look at it!

thanks

Aj

10. shakti

shakti Member

Juicebox V3.0 from pedalgear.net.

11. TBone

TBone Member

Shakti is correct - this group of voltage requirements is no problem for the JuiceBox 3.0. :AOK

I wasn't aware that the Flatliner had added 24 volt and 15 volt DC outputs. :confused:

TBone

12. TDavis

TDavis Member

+1 for the JuiceBox 003! Solved all my crazy voltage issues, and plenty of output. They're great folks to deal with, too!

13. JKoeth

JKoeth Supporting Member

14. racktifier

racktifier Member

Thanks guys for all the help and suggestions! :AOK

The juicebox doesn't by default come with 15v and 24v outputs. The 15vdc output is a special mod which they charge an extra 25euros for. As for the 24vdc output, i'll have to join 2 12vdc outputs with a y-cable.

For my present needs, it looks like the juicebox suits me better. Cheaper too! The flatliner is listed as 260euros ($331!!!)

15. gururyan

gururyan Member

$225 shipped, with a bag of candy via ToneFactor. I'm hooking mine up right now in fact. :)

16. TomK

TomK Member

The JuiceBox DOES come with two outputs settable for just about any voltage between 4 and 24 so i think it would do what you want!

www.pedalgear.net

Talk to Tony!