Custom Pedalboard Build

tubetonez

A little more, some filling, roundover, sanding and test fit the butterfly catches:

Test fit the breakaway hinges:

View with top cover off:

tubetonez

Project has been on hold mostly, off and on I've added some clear coat - started with spray can Poly, switched to Spar satin varnish. This has been a learning process, I have a lot of experience finishing in paint or tolex, this is really my first effort at a natural wood look. Lots of things I'd do differently, but it is what it is. I am happy with the weight, haven't put it on the scale but it's much lighter than typical ATA cases. This past weekend I checked out a PT2 flight case that belongs to a friend, it's pretty heavy.

After stain, varnish & buff, installed hardware but need to swap out some of the bolts. Fit is very tight, I was concerned about the 1/4" Baltic Birch warping but it's not a problem:

A test fit of pedals, doesn't seem quite right yet but it will get there:

ndtealmusic

Dude, I've been planning on building my own pedalboard and this is almost identical to the idea I had. Looks great!

tubetonez

Thanks a lot, I'll post some updated pics soon, maybe a vid. Really pleased with the overall weight, all 1/4" Baltic Birch ply with 1/2" bottom & end caps

Trending Topics