Custom pedalboard... would you buy it?

Discussion in 'Builder's & Retailer's Forum' started by cklug2, Mar 13, 2015.

1. cklug2

cklug2 Member

Friends of gearpage, I hope you all are having a glorious day! I'm going to keep this short and sweet. I've recently started making handmade pedalboards for my friends and many of them have suggested that I start marketing and selling them to rest of the population. I only have two pictures on hand right now, I'll put more up later. The jacks on the side are neutriks, contrary to what is seen with a wired DC power jack. I'm coming up with some other designs. Basically, I'm seeing if there is any interest in the craftsmanship and style. I would sell them for about $200 at 3-4 set sizes prebuilt or custom order (size, material, jacks, etc). Thank you all, and I'll put up some more pictures once I get home. Have an awesome day!!!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/embtwzcjbdqmuss/2014-02-09 13.44.37.jpg?dl=0

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yvdugxc7q50ykg7/2014-02-09 13.45.59.jpg?dl=0

2. cklug2

cklug2 Member

If you have any ideas or suggestions, by all means, please post them! I'm always open to criticism! Thank you!

3. MojoTone82

MojoTone82 Member

Hey, I think its great to have more of the "small guys" creating quality products for other musicians! So nice job on the pedal board it looks great, looks similar to one I built recently.

Im a little confused as to the features and what the jacks are? Are you including power at the $200 price point?

4. cklug2

cklug2 Member

Mojo, thanks for checking it out! So far, I've been putting in Neutrik solderless 1/4" jacks. The DC power outlet is wired with a standard female end cable. I hadn't thought about including power since most of the guys that I've made them for have Voodoo power supplies or GigRigs that I mount underneath for them. Most people like them because of how stunning they look with natural/stained wood and gold or chrome hardware while being simple and incredibly durable. I would definitely be willing to include power supplies (if that seems like a good idea) as long as I know how many pedals are being powered. Typically when someone has me build one they'll just have me put the pedals on for them and solder some Mogami/Switchcraft custom patch cables so that everything looks purty, lol. That way its ready to go for them! :)

5. MojoTone82

MojoTone82 Member

Thanks was just curious! Id imagine you'd find guys who'd be interested in both with or without power so nice to have the option... I am offering some custom built cabinets myself for just a short while, so I definitely do appreciate the hand craftsmanship, good luck to you sir!

6. Bruce Clement

Bruce Clement Gold Supporting Member

How does one carry it to the gig? Is it made to fit a readily available case or bag?

7. cklug2

cklug2 Member

I usually build a custom ATA case for them. Some of the designs I've made include a case built into it that latches onto the bottom. Thanks for asking, I probably should have clarified that to begin with!