• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Custom/Personalized Truss Rod Covers - Let's see them!

alextheguitarguy

Silver Supporting Member
Would like to see what type of custom/personalized truss rod covers we're rocking here on TGP.

I'll start us out!

Just received my custom made Stealie truss rod cover for my PRS Special 22 Semi-Hollow (It's not the Super Eagle but making it my own!). Second pic is my hummingbird truss rod cover for my Gibson Hummingbird.

Would like to see what type of custom/personalized truss rod covers we're rocking here on TGP.

I'll start us out!

Just received my custom made Stealie truss rod cover for my PRS Special 22 Semi-Hollow (It's not the Super Eagle but making it my own!). Second pic is my hummingbird truss rod cover for my Gibson Hummingbird.

Nice! I'm rockin' this one on my favorite Jackson:

IMG_0138.jpg

stormin1155

My wife bought me this lovely Epiphone ES-339 Ultra in Pelham blue. I had a truss rod cover made with her name engraved. She was thrilled. I don't know about you guys, but having my wife thrilled about buying me guitars seems like a good thing....

R2-DD2

dude! I clicked on this thread for like half a second last night, then moved on. This pops up in my instagram feed today:

IMG_1880.jpg

I knew they were watching, I knew they were listening, I didn't know they were reading along with me...

alextheguitarguy

Silver Supporting Member
My wife bought me this lovely Epiphone ES-339 Ultra in Pelham blue. I had a truss rod cover made with her name engraved. She was thrilled. I don't know about you guys, but having my wife thrilled about buying me guitars seems like a good thing....

Not yet married, but when I am I’ll definitely be stealing this idea and naming a new Les Paul or 335 after her! :rotflmao

Shhpink

Silver Supporting Member
My dad paid for most of this guitar with a gift he gave me from a settlement he won in a car accident. He wanted me to buy myself something nice. This PRS was in the mail when dad died unexpectedly earlier this year. I couldn’t wait for it to get here when I ordered it but had no interest, for obvious reasons, when it arrived. I didnt even open the case until a few days later and have always had a weird relationship with it because of the circumstances. My dad loved horses and his favorite color was purple.

Attachments

alextheguitarguy

Silver Supporting Member
My dad paid for most of this guitar with a gift he gave me from a settlement he won in a car accident. He wanted me to buy myself something nice. This PRS was in the mail when dad died unexpectedly earlier this year. I couldn’t wait for it to get here when I ordered it but had no interest, for obvious reasons, when it arrived. I didnt even open the case until a few days later and have always had a weird relationship with it because of the circumstances. My dad loved horses and his favorite color was purple.
Wow, really sorry to you and your family for such a big loss. I can't imagine anything tougher than losing a family member. It may take some time, but I hope that the guitar will remind you of all the good memories you've had with him - the guitar and truss rod cover is a beautiful testament to that.

blaster

I won this guitar in a raffle, and donated it to my friend's mom who played the guitars at nursing and assisted living centers. When my friend's mom passed away the guitar was given back to me. In honor of my friend's mom I installed a custom truss rod cover featuring her wonderful name. IMG_1013.JPG

Trending Topics