Custom Shop-Limited Edition Tele

ricoh

Just saw one today It is a relic style Nocaster type but has a tele decal.Like Keith Richards guitar,it has a humbucker and the stock bridge PU. CS decal -w-limited edition or special edition on the back of the headstock, special NAMM neckplate as well . It was a really nice guitar in general but the price tag was 3250.00!!!! Ouch!!!!
Rico

Tone_Terrific

Silver Supporting Member
The price of guitars seems to have little to do with what they're worth.....to me.

Evidently, some buyers must have different opinions.

Teleplayer

Moder8er
Staff member
Haven't played a Nocaster yet that screamed "buy me". Of course, I have only demoed about 25 of them, so who am I to say? :rolleyes:

buddastrat

Funny, I played five and they all smoked. Better than the vintage ones I played. Woody, chunky, fat- that can still twang and chime -guitar from Fender. Amazing.

tjensen

Fender guitars have gotten positively stupid in terms of prices.

Last year's Masterbuilt '54 Strat had a list price of $5400.

This year's Masterbuilt Mary Kaye '56 Strat has a list price of $7400.

That said, the Masterbuilts are pretty friggin' amazing. :RoCkIn

Tom

Teleplayer

Moder8er
Staff member
Originally posted by buddastrat
Funny, I played five and they all smoked. Better than the vintage ones I played. Woody, chunky, fat- that can still twang and chime -guitar from Fender. Amazing.
Maybe the 25-or-so I played were all set up poorly and had horrendous pickups.

pfflam

Originally posted by blackburncustom
Hi,
Let me know what you want, I'll build you any version of the tele you want. Great sound!
Peace,
Dave
You might make great guitars but the photos on your website need work . . . try using at least two lights at each side of the guitar at 45% angles . . . . 4 lights = better. I sure would like to see some bigger images too. Get lights that match the color temperature of the film (like tungsten or daylight) that you use, and never use a flash, unless you bounce it off a filter or wall. . . . just some thoughts . . .

My other thought . . . wish I could afford one of your guitars . . .even if they are cheap I'm sure their not that cheap

(sorry for the off topic)

Hi,
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm in the process of upgrading the site to include expandable thumbnails. Of course, that costs......I'm going to have to upgrade my photography skills, too.
Peace,
Dave
P.S. We smaller guys often build for little or no profit to satisfy our building jones, and to get the word out there.

NotWesYet

Silver Supporting Member
Originally posted by blackburncustom
Hi,
Thanks for the suggestions. I'm in the process of upgrading the site to include expandable thumbnails. Of course, that costs......I'm going to have to upgrade my photography skills, too.
Peace,
Dave
P.S. We smaller guys often build for little or no profit to satisfy our building jones, and to get the word out there.
Beautiful guitars.... One tip for photography that cost little or nothing... "Open Shade." You'd be amazed the number of photos taken outdoors in what is described as "open shade" with a simple backdrop.

I'll try to do one today and show you.... since my explaination is lacking....

And to the topic... After being a Gibson (style) player for years, after having a friend 69 Tele for about a year all I can say is thta I love them. Someday soon I'll get one of my own!! I wished I could have played the CS!

Trending Topics