Custom Shop-Limited Edition Tele

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by ricoh, Sep 15, 2005.

1. ricoh

ricoh Member

Just saw one today It is a relic style Nocaster type but has a tele decal.Like Keith Richards guitar,it has a humbucker and the stock bridge PU. CS decal -w-limited edition or special edition on the back of the headstock, special NAMM neckplate as well . It was a really nice guitar in general but the price tag was 3250.00!!!! Ouch!!!!
    Rico

2. MichaelK

MichaelK Member

Sound nice, but that is a lot of money for a new Tele, for sure.

3. Tone_Terrific

Tone_Terrific Member

The price of guitars seems to have little to do with what they're worth.....to me.

Evidently, some buyers must have different opinions.

4. Teleplayer

Teleplayer Silver Supporting Member

Haven't played a Nocaster yet that screamed "buy me". Of course, I have only demoed about 25 of them, so who am I to say? :rolleyes:

5. buddastrat

buddastrat Member

Funny, I played five and they all smoked. Better than the vintage ones I played. Woody, chunky, fat- that can still twang and chime -guitar from Fender. Amazing.

6. OldSchool

OldSchool Senior Member

Have you heard of Kellycaster? Much better value for your money.............

7. blackburncustom

blackburncustom Member

Hi,
    Let me know what you want, I'll build you any version of the tele you want. Great sound!
    Peace,
    Dave

8. tjensen

tjensen Member

Fender guitars have gotten positively stupid in terms of prices.

Last year's Masterbuilt '54 Strat had a list price of $5400.

This year's Masterbuilt Mary Kaye '56 Strat has a list price of $7400.

That said, the Masterbuilts are pretty friggin' amazing. :RoCkIn

Tom

9. Teleplayer

Teleplayer Silver Supporting Member

Maybe the 25-or-so I played were all set up poorly and had horrendous pickups.

10. pfflam

pfflam Silver Supporting Member

You might make great guitars but the photos on your website need work . . . try using at least two lights at each side of the guitar at 45% angles . . . . 4 lights = better. I sure would like to see some bigger images too. Get lights that match the color temperature of the film (like tungsten or daylight) that you use, and never use a flash, unless you bounce it off a filter or wall. . . . just some thoughts . . .

My other thought . . . wish I could afford one of your guitars . . .even if they are cheap I'm sure their not that cheap

(sorry for the off topic)

11. blackburncustom

blackburncustom Member

Hi,
    Thanks for the suggestions. I'm in the process of upgrading the site to include expandable thumbnails. Of course, that costs......I'm going to have to upgrade my photography skills, too.
    Peace,
    Dave
    P.S. We smaller guys often build for little or no profit to satisfy our building jones, and to get the word out there.

12. HammyD

HammyD Supporting Member

Beautiful guitars.... One tip for photography that cost little or nothing... "Open Shade." You'd be amazed the number of photos taken outdoors in what is described as "open shade" with a simple backdrop.

I'll try to do one today and show you.... since my explaination is lacking....

And to the topic... After being a Gibson (style) player for years, after having a friend 69 Tele for about a year all I can say is thta I love them. Someday soon I'll get one of my own!! I wished I could have played the CS!