Custom Tones (aka Ethos) TWE-1... TrainWreck

blowery

Thought this could used some hype :) Robbies take on the TrainWreck

from Robbie:

Hi Everybody,

Here's a quick clip I did this morning of the Trainwreck Express inspired pedal. Apologies in advance for the clams....

<iframe width="100%" height="166" scrolling="no" frameborder="no" src=""></iframe>

The clip was done using Les Paul >> TWE-1 >> Ethos Clean II >> Nova Reverb >> Garage Band. The clip covered switching back and forth between the neck PU and the bridge PU. The Neck PU was turned up to 5 and the bridge PU was Full up. Later in the clip the neck PU is pinned to hear some liquidy tone.

Thanks,

Robbie
Custom Tones, LLC
www.customtonesinc.com

blowery

No replies? No interest in the Trainwreck side?

Guess I should edit the title to say "New Pedal Release Day" :D

Angle Loss

Sounds good. I'm glad they are exploring overdrive pedals. I love my Ethos HRM, but don't need any of the cab sim stuff...a waste of money and pedalboard space for me. I'd love to see a line of Custom Tones overdrive pedals with full 3-band EQ (+HRM for Ethos stuff). I think they should do a Mesa/Boogie Mark IIC+ type pedal with pre-gain EQ rotary knobs and a little 5-band graphic EQ.

I'd also like to see them transition away from 3pdt switches which wear out to a silent relay switch.

The Trainwreck pedal above sounds really good. Can't wait to hear more of it.

blowery

I actually would like the idea of the cab sim on a super small pedal like this, I'm direct more than half the time. I'm fine with just using it as an OD as well.

Sounds pretty good to me. I also agree on the silent relay switch!

danel59

I heard this on the other thread going about the Clean II and am quite impressed and want to hear more about this pedal. I personally will be interested in using this with my Clean Fusion II going direct, similar setup Robbie used to record the sample. He alluded on an email to me that the TWE-1 is going to have a few surprises so impatiently waiting to hear more about it

Luckbad

Eagerly awaiting anything he builds. I need to figure out if I have any need for this, but I did already express interest in it via email.

Luckbad

I've been listening to Trainwreck stuff lately to get a feel for the sound. Yup, I want it. It's a sound I've always liked but didn't know it was the Trainwreck doing it.

slotools

I purchased the Universal audio Fuchs amp plugin the same time I received my Fusion Clean pedal- Both have merit, the Fusion Clean blows the plugin away for me as I found a sweet spot on the pedal quickly that I cannot find with software without constant tweaking (no suprise) . I will buy the twe1 in a heartbeat.....

Reverb

Platinum Supporting Member
Robbie nailed this pedal ! Great OD tones, dynamics are crazy good and its ability to clean up is beyond compare.
Custom Tones Rules .....................

Blue Bee

Robbie nailed this pedal ! Great OD tones, dynamics are crazy good and its ability to clean up is beyond compare.
Custom Tones Rules .....................
So excited to see this is shipping soon.

Has anyone received one yet?

Any demos or clips besides the above one done by Robbie months ago?

TexasHeartRush

Silver Supporting Member
So excited to see this is shipping soon.

Has anyone received one yet?

Any demos or clips besides the above one done by Robbie months ago?
I don't think anybody has received one yet nor has it been 'officially released' - but Rob sent me mine (#002) early on to demo/beta: Just got it back from Rob with the updates/mods the way it will be sent to new buyers - and I was able to put a few clips together for ya'll-

This demo shows a good amount of gain (for me anyway) but I think it EXCELS at lower gain settings with a Tele or Strat! Cheers, RG

Reverb

Platinum Supporting Member
I received #004 from Rob, just love this pedal. Actually quite versatile and cleans up better than any pedal, or fuzz I have ever tried. Does not give you that thin capacitor treble-bleed clean-up like a Fuzz Face; but the TWE-1 actually provides a very true sound of the guitar when the volume is rolled back. It also has enough volume to be usable when rolled back

The OD tones on the T mode are just stellar.

Last edited:

jnepo1

Gold Supporting Member
Any news? curious about it :)
First batch is about to ship. I just got my email notification yesterday. Second batch will ship early July. People who have placed their names in the wait list will receive their orders according to the list.

Trending Topics