customer service report

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by bionic, Mar 26, 2008.

1. bionic

bionic Member

I am putting together a board and head to get hold of a bunch of manufacturers both boutique and big wigs. Here's my responses so far:
    Zvex - emailed asking about ma draw on a super duper and once again Zachery responds within hours and answers all of my questions
    Jim Dunlop - This believe it or not was the clear winner. Needed screws and feet for a wah as well as ma draw info on a discontinued tremolo/volume pedal and Derek from JD responded within a half hour. Not only that he sent me out the screws and feet free of charge that morning. Mind blowingly good service!
    Radial - emailed asking about powering a Switchbone from a PP2 outlet instead of the AC outlet in the back and have never heard back. This pedal cost me almost $400 so I feel a little bit burnt.
    Pumaboards - Phoned to check my order and he told me exactly when the construction would start and was so nice we ended up talking about Vancouver. Planning on sending me a photo of the board as it's being put together!
    Stompin' Ground - Made an order and emailed later if I made the right choice for a y cable and got back right away. Package went out lickety split.
    Lava Cable - Awesome, took time out to answer all of my questions and made some recomendations with the number of pedals I have and how my board is powered and I now feel without a doubt I made the right decisions. Package went out the next day but USPS tracking has told me it's been sitting in the Fayetteville post office for almost a week now
    Angstrom Cases - Made to order so that took a week and despite us being in the same city I wasn't able to pick it up to save on shipping. They did let me know that it was on a Fed Ex truck today.
    Boss - Needed screws for a DD2 which they don't offer so they attempted to sell me a case shell for $30. Exception to Radial's no response easily the worse.
    More to come as I have to get on the phone tomorrow

2. thisfire

thisfire Supporting Member

Eventide: Emailed regarding Timefactor shielding (and asked about a new serial # sticker because mine was coming off), replied right away! Installed the shielding and replaced the sticker free of charge and I had the pedal back within a week.

Lava Cable: Also excellent, I buy all my cable from Mark now :)

Lovepedal: Emailed a couple of times and replied fairly quickly (didn't respond to another couple of more recent emails). Nice guy, but seems pretty busy.

Skreddy: Super nice guy, prompt replies to all my emails. After being on the waiting list for nearly a month, I decided I wanted a custom colored Mayo instead of the regular...Marc made it happen with no problems at all.

Diamond Pedals: Replied almost instantly (amazing considering the time zone differences, haha). I decided to update my #004 Memory Lane to current specs (and have the dotted eighth mod installed). The guys at Diamond did the update for free and I had my pedal back within a couple of weeks.

3. bionic

bionic Member

Radial - Phoned and talked to a tech guy who was good and warned me there is not way of powering the Switchbone other then the provided transformer, which I can't find right now. He did mention I could order one from them if I can't find it.
    Valvetech - Bought the Hayseed 30 which I still love and Rob is sending me out the updated Alwood mod kit along with a nut, four feet and a wood screw. Super nice guy and couldn't recomend the mod (which is dirt cheap) enough. Package going out on the weekend

4. bandofthieves™

bandofthieves™ Member

In defense of Radial,who I have never purchased anything from,it took all of 10 seconds to find the info at google.
    http://www.tonebone.com/tb-switchbone-using.htm
    ;)

5. ford

ford Supporting Member

From the above mentioned, I've dealt with Valvetech, Lovepedal and LavaCable and have had excellent service from each.

rock

bford

6. mc2

mc2 Member

Victoria and Barber are wonderful!

7. wren

wren Member

Had excellent service from Lava Cable.

Also, Brian Wampler (Indyguitarist) is an amazingly good guy in this department; he tolerated me bouncing ideas off him for at least a month before making my decision. We were both really pleased with the final result; the changes he made for me are now a part of the pedal stock.

8. Merelington

Merelington Member

Theo Hartman at Hartman Electronics. I've told this story many times so i'll keep it short. Amazing communication, customer service & products!

9. bionic

bionic Member

Tech 21 - My Sans Amp finally went south so I phone them up and had a great chat with a tech which told me there was no difference between my originally issued one and the "original" Sans Amp despite internet hype. I sent it off to Tech 21 and they fixed it within two days and is now on it's way back.

10. theinteriorleag

theinteriorleag Member

Paul Cochrane- When I called to order and when he called to say it was ready, he was completely over-the-top nice. I was on the phone so long I felt guilty that I was taking his time away from other more important matter (sorry to those still waiting).

Boss- DD20 stopped working, so I sent it in under warranty. I got it back, but was in the middle of rearranging my board. I peeled off the rubber on all my Boss pedals to add velcro, then powered the pedal and it wasn't working again. It took me months of hounding them to finally honor the fix, which ended up being a replacement.

Fulltone - After some email exchanges, he called the number in my email signature in order to insult me. At least I can say he went out of his way.

11. bandofthieves™

bandofthieves™ Member

^^^^
    I'm sure Mike has a better version of the story.:)