Customer Service - Share your GOOD stories

Discussion in 'The Pub' started by fataxeman, Feb 18, 2013.

1. crambone

crambone Supporting Member

2. wilerty

wilerty Member

I have a 99 year old aunt, who lives in her own home, gardens, drives, and generally takes care of herself. She was unable to renew her driver's license last summer because they now compare several data bases for data when you renew her license and her birthdate and name didn't match up. She is a Canadian citizen who has had a Green card since 1941, but never has updated it since she was widowed twice.

I won't get in to all the details, but we had to deal with the Immigration Service, DMV, Wedding License bureau, and the County Clerk. We could not have had more accomodating people trying to help her anyway they could to get her a new Green Card and Driver's License. And no, not one of them ever asked if she should still be driving ... and no test was required.

3. Tony

Tony Supporting Member

I engaged Jim Rodgers at R3FX for install of a complete set of new stomp pedals on my Line 6 M9...

--Shipped the unit out October 8
    --Rec'd return shipment notification October 11
    --Rec'd the finished unit back October 12; working great and in time for my weekend gigs

Great service, responsive, professional - nicely done. I'm a fan.

4. johann

johann Member

Back in the day (before internet) I had a digitech gsp21 multieffects unit, I don't remember exactly what was wrong with it, so I called Customers service, they got me someone who spoke spanish (I'm from Mexico), and she told me to hang up as she would return the call, she helped me thru it all, and got my unit working some 10 minutes later. She then sent me a copy of the manual, a sticker and a catalog with a greeting note.

Dunlop/MXR, my carbon copy stopped working last year, sent an email, sent the pedal and got a new one the very same week!!!

Daddy's Junky Music (boston, I think) again, pre-internet, there was a guy named Hirsch Gardner, bought several things, the guy was great and patient.

Wampler, Keeley.

Peavey, sent me some manuals and schematics on the 90's

5. saltydogg

saltydogg Rock & Roll Enthusiast Gold Supporting Member

I bought a new desktop computer about a year ago, from Best Buy, where The Geek Squad is also stationed.

I was ready to have them install Norton or MacAfee antivirus software but, the GS suggested I get the web-based service called "Webroot".

Well, after about a year of flawless security, I got a virus. Continual pop-ups to purchase some other antivirus to kill this same virus.

So, expecting the worst, I called Webroot. The guy who answered the phone logged onto my computer remotely, and removed the virus in less than 15 minutes. No more virus! I was stunned at how quickly Webroot solved my problem. A computer virus for me, is usually tragic, but not this time, I was back on TGP in a matter of minutes!!

Thank you Webroot!!!

6. fataxeman

fataxeman Supporting Member

I'm sure there are a few more feel good stories out there (including non-gear related ones). Please take a moment to share them with us. Thank you.